~Eva's Eyes~

"I hope you understand why I didn't want to talk the first time, you are a stranger to me after all" she says

I nod.
"I completely understand, but I didn't even know you were Estrella's daughter, she never told me".

She rolls her eyes.
"Of course she couldn't. You may be her daughter as well, but we have enemies and I had to carry on that pressure because of your supposed 'death', but here you are now... you are married. There is no reason to be associated with me".

I shake my head, disagreeing with her statement. 
"Hey! You can hate me and blame me for her death, but we are family no matter what. I want to know you and help you through this time. Pushing me away won't help both of us".

She laughs.
"And knowing each other now as "sisters" is helpful? If she died just because you made yourself known to the world, what does that mean for me? People will eventually find out that I am her other daughter, you ruined everything by coming back. Why couldn't you just stay where you were?!".

Wow that ... actually hurt.

"I didn't want any of this to happen... I swear..." I say with despair.

She nods sarcastically.
"Sure, you didn't. But you coming here and making yourself known, did this. What happened has happened. So now I don't really know what else you could want from me".

I think for awhile.

"Where is your father..? Any family besides.. me?" I ask.

She shrugs.
"I don't know about my father. He left after I was born, and family... no. My mother was all I had. Thank you for taking that from me".

That's fair. It is my fault. Ignacio was coming for me; I had this wedding to Francesco, and he didn't like it. I shouldn't have focused on my happiness, and I should've waited, I should've handled him first.

"Lo siento Eva. Lo siento. I would never be able to move from this. We both lost a mother but you lost her more. I will leave you alone but I want you to know that I am here for you".

She laughs.

"If you say so. My guard will show you the way out. Bye Rosalía".

She shuts the door and I look at it. Well at least I got a conversation out of her. But everything she said was true. I shouldn't have come to Barcelona. I ruined everything and it hasn't even been a year of being here. 

I turn around and I see the guard waiting for me to leave. 

"I know, I know. I am going" I roll my eyes. 

I walk out and I get back into the car. The driver takes me back home.
I text Francesco that I am on my way back.

Eva is still grieving, and I can't force myself into her life so suddenly. It will take time that I am willing to wait for. I am basically all she has left, and she is so young. I don't want her to be alone like I was. I will never forgive myself for bringing Ignacio closer to them and him hurting Estrella.