~Mrs. Aura Rosalia Valentino~

A few weeks has passed, I've gotten used to living in Barcelona permanently a bit

A few weeks has passed, I've gotten used to living in Barcelona permanently a bit. It was quite a change but I'm actually here with a purpose. My life has changed and from today it will forever change.

Today is the day I officially become Mrs. Aura Rosalía Valentino. I never thought I would get married so soon in my life. Thought I would be at least 30 when I get married but living as Aura got me here.

Ever since I found out my real name, I have battling with who I am truly. Am I Aura or Rosalía? I thought I would know and be comfortable but I guess part of myself is still battling with it.

Aura is a part of myself that was forced to be forgotten. Where Rosalía is all I know. Can I pretend to be both? Live in this royalty as Aura or live in this lie as Rosalía.

Either way they are both flawed. They both would be known as delicate but very broken in every way. One more than the other.

Aura was pulled away from everyone who loves her while Rosalía had to survive without knowing she had to.

Who am I? Will this marriage plan it out? Will it do the part it was planned from the beginning to do.

I take a deep breath as Estrella helps me into my dress. I feel it come onto my shoulders and I look into the mirror as the dress drapes my body.

I feel her close the dress in the back. She looks in the mirror and I smile as it is done.

She squeezes my shoulders and gives me a warm smile. I smile along with her, feeling the motherly comfort she gives me every single time we interact. It's her own way of making up for lost time.

"Mi princesa, all grown up. Can't... believe I missed everything. I hate that I missed everything, you weren't asked to be born into all of this. Which is why we thought this marriage could be good for you. That you would have a partner that could protect you whenever your father and I would eventually be gone."

I look at her confused.
"What..?".

"The marriage is to unite but I gave this idea to your father. We knew that something bad was going to happen, I needed to make sure if we both.. ended up gone that you had someone. You needed someone to care for you".

"But what if I wasn't in love with him?! I would've been forced into this?" I ask.

She shakes her head.
"We knew you were going to. We sent you to live with them, we hoped for some kind of connection. We wanted the best for you Aura, only the best".

I look away and I try to understand it from her point of view. This was a marriage that could've made me even more miserable if I never had love for Francesco. She is right, I didn't ask for this life. So why don't I have the choice to stay out of it?

"I understand your intentions behind it but I have been controlled ever since I was born. My love life shouldn't be controlled too. Please just tell me you won't ever do this again. There are other ways" I say.