~Missing~

How is she missing? Why would she out of everyone go missing

How is she missing? Why would she out of everyone go missing. Makes no sense.

As Francesco speeds past every car on the highway, I now understand.

I would understand why he would be upset about her being missing. Catalina is his sister and she is his weakness, he would do anything for his sister. She can depend on him and vice versa. Must be nice to have someone by your side.

He drives fast without taking a break to at least slow down. Thank god there are barely any cars because we would've crashed by now.

I sit back without saying a word, me talking right now won't help what is going on.

I know it won't.

Suddenly while I am busy processing through my thoughts about me being the lost daughter and Catalina being kidnapped, I feel Francesco's hand in mine suddenly.

I look at his hand then into his eyes. Why is he holding my hand?

"Fuck! I am sorry for touching your hand" he pulls his hand away quickly.

I shouldn't have looked at him. He is changing, Francesco is changing. I regret looking at him, he didn't have to take his hand back.

He continues driving until we get back to his mansion. Juan walks out as I come out of the car. He looks at me and nods, I nod back at him. Assuring him that I'm okay, or will be ok at least.

Nodding is our way of acknowledging of each other especially in front of Francesco.

He looks at Francesco as they walk back inside heading back to his office I'm sure.

I walk behind them and I look around. I was hardly downstairs and when I barely acknowledged my surroundings, I noticed there were no pictures of Francesco or at least of his family. It felt empty and people were the only ones to fill it.

The furniture looked expensive of course but it didn't come off as a home. But who I am kidding?

He is a mafia leader. Having a "family" home is not his priority or at least on his mind.

All of his men are walking back and forth with their guns and chatting about Catalina.

Two of them were walking behind me and I listen a bit.

"Ms.Valentino is missing and Mr.Valentino is pissed. I bet those dirty ass Santiagos have her. And that cook was one of them, Francesco is too trusting. We need to eliminate them" they say.

I roll my eyes. They would say that behind me. I know I'm not a Santiago but I was for a moment. That's all that my younger self knows, I cherished every moment. It was all I loved.

I walk upstairs and I head to the bathroom I usually used when I was captive here. I knew I had more free roam around here and I felt a bit comfortable.