Delicate Wings of Our Butterflies

Two vans pulled up in the front of the ruined disguised building, doors opening immediately. Taehyun steps out of his, meeting eyes with Sunoo and Seungkwan. All eyes and expressions read fear and sadness, breaking and heading to the back of the van to take out aid kits, body tarps, and Coolidge stretchers.

"I don't even want to know who... died," Sunoo admitted. Jeonghan refused everyone to listen in on the exchanged names of who had been murdered, immediately cutting them off from the connection with their will. The younger sniffed and Seungkwan hugged the boy. "Me too." His voice strained. Sunoo knows he's already holding back his tears.

   Taehyun catches the first people to walk out to the front; Yunho, Wooyoung, and Hueningkai. The instructor is quick to run up to his maknae, hugging the taller tightly despite hurting him even more, he's glad the younger is alive. The members 8TEEZ fell on their knees, sobbing their hearts out. The three instructors already notice the two missing members. They all react with the same thought.

They're gone.

"Can..." Taehyun knelt in front of Wooyoung, he seemed less intimidating than Yunho and the taller had fists turning white by the moment. "...can you tell me where their bodies are..?" He carefully asked. Hueningkai sat next to Wooyoung, rubbing a circle on his back. The shorter had tearful eyes, wide and ostensibly traumatized. The taller looked back at the instructor with a pained look. "They... were thrown in the river," He answered lowly.

   The older's eyes widened, turning to look at the two members, speechless. He nodded and took the aid kit into hand. "We'll search for the bodies, it'll take no more than a week, promise." He assured the grieving members.

"Thank... you." Yunho thanked the younger, letting out a shaking sigh. Sunoo and Seungkwan approached the three with first aid kits as well; they're lucky to have tons stored in the van for this specific occasion.

   Two more vans pull up. Yeosang, Renjun, Jaemin, and Jungwoo exit the vans, rushing out to see the others. Jungwoo hugs Renjun and Jaemin tightly, the couple sobbing into the older's arms. "W-Where's Kun Hyung?" They don't respond, crying more at the mention of the Chinese male's name. The older's chest tightens, tears falling down his face. Yeosang pulls a stretcher out with a body tarp covering a body, laying it on the floor.

"Kun Hyung..."

"Kun Ge..." The couple mutter out.

   Jungwoo walks over to the covered body with the younger ones. "Who-"

"Kun Hyung." That is all the shorter says, unable to look in the eyes of the younger. The instructor falls on his knees, crying. Next to Jaemin, his boyfriend collapses, instantly taking the shorter into his arms. "Injun..." He rests the older one against the wall. They're all exhausted.

   Yeosang walks over to Wooyoung and Yunho, but he doesn't see Seonghwa or Hendery. His eyes widen, taking Yunho's and Wooyoung's hands into his. "Hyung didn't make it..?" Tears brimmed his eyes.

"He- He didn't. I'm sorry, Yeosang... I-" The younger hugs both of them tightly, silently crying.

☘︎︎

   The next group of people who come out of the building is Lucas, Xiaojun, Han, Donghyuck, Jisung, and Niki. The taller carried the pale Chinese boy in his arms, tear stains on their faces. Sunoo looks up and runs towards the Japanese boy, hugging the youngest tightly, and burying his face into the taller's chest. "Oh gosh- I don't care if we were on the same team- I'm always worried for you..." The swordsman hugged the older back immediately, a relieved sigh leaving his lips. "I'm always looking out for your safety as well, Hyung."