Chapter 59: Rebound?

1 month later:

3rd person POV:

Voice on radio: "Its been 1 month since the controversial fight between Eren and Ricardo. Ricardo took home his belt, winning by unanimous decision but many people disagree with this. Critics from Scotland, Japan and Cyprus have all expressed their opinions on the bout, suggesting a draw would've been more logical. Ricardo has posted many social media snaps of him partying after his victory whereas Eren hasn't posted anything, people are wondering if he'll ever fight at this level again. There is a rematch clause but it involved both fighters signing their agreement to said rematch by January 20th, neither fighters have signed and there's a week left until the deadline"

Meanwhile in Zoë Labs:

Eren POV:

Dr Zoë: "Okay Eren, clearly your muscles perform very well in most areas, however, they seem to perform the worst in durability. You scored 88 in flexibility, 99 in speed, 99 in strength, 99 in endurance but 70 in durability. 70 is still above the fighter's average of 50 but its possibly your weakest asset. Scientifically anyway" (she says in a serious but cheerful tone)

She suddenly claps and jumps at me, scaring the ever loving shit out of me

Dr Zoë: "SO LETS GET ON WITH SOME EXPERIMENTS SHALL WE?!" (She exclaims in record speed)

I follow her to where she's walking quickly after recovering from the heart failure endured from her jump scare

Dr Zoë: "Feast your eyes on this!" (She waves a white bag in front of my eyes)

Eren: "Wha-"

Dr Zoë: "This is like protein powder but better! With extra protein, vitamins and calcium included, it will make your bones and muscles just that bit more durable. Add this to the durability training you'll be doing and you'll be tougher in no time, it will suit what you told me about your future plans as well" (she says ecstatically)

Eren: "Thanks for your help" (I smile as I take it from her offering hand)

...

Levi sits in his office chair, sucking on the end of his pen, deep in thought

I sit nervously opposite him

Levi: "So, we've got your durability training sorted and your nutrition. You figured out that he crumbles when fighting a counter attacking boxer. We can work with that and change your style from attacking brawler. We just need a tactical plan to beat him" (he says bluntly)

Eren: "So, what's the plan?"

...

1 week later:

3rd person POV:

Radio: "Both Eren Jaeger and Ricardo Vienna have signed the rematch contract, they will be fighting on March 2nd 2021 for the Crusierweight World Title"

January 31st- Eren Jaeger vs Lance Bishop:

Commentator: "And Jaeger beats the #2 contender in the division, solidifying himself as the #1 challenger for the title. There's a clear gap between them and the rest of the division as Eren moves to 12-1-0 with 12 knockouts"

...

February 26th- Weigh In:

Announcer: "And that's Eren Jaeger weighing in at 14st 3lbs (199lbs) (90.4kg), 4lbs heavier than the first Ricardo fight and 2lbs heavier than his last fight. It looks to be all muscle as well as he teeters towards the Heavyweight mark"

Eren steps off the scales looking focused

His eyes are half lidded and his eyebrows are arched in anger