Chapter 6: Controversy

A/N:

After that controversial decision, comment who you thought won
Eren or Jean? Or do you agree with the draw?

Eren POV:

As I felt my hand being lifted up into the air, hearing the words "majority draw".

Those words, they play through my head, echoing throughout my brain "majority draw".

I thought I did enough, I turn to see Jean. The look on his face, it shows both relief and anger. The way his browline arches and the wrinkles form on his face. It shows that he's disappointed with the outcome of the fight.

I am too, I look down to the floor. The faded grey flooring on the ring, covered in blood from where it's been used all day. I suspect some of it is mine. I look up, Reiner looks absolutely dumbfounded. The colour of his eyes darkening as they're shadowed by his eyebrows, a similar look to Jean but there's a greater anger there. His fist is balled and shaking

Marco looks from Jean, to the ref and to me. He glares at me but it doesn't affect me. I absorb the look but I see that he looks submissive. He's sat down, arms folded, legs together. Both of his legs bouncing up and down on the polished wooden floor. His right hand fiddles with the zip on his blue Adidas tracksuit jacket. I can smell the fear on him, Jean should be able to as well, as that's a trait of horses (gotteeee)

I'm not sure about the emotions I'm feeling. I feel both proud and embarrassed at the same time, I feel an overwhelming respect grow for Jean but I can also feel him slide slower and slower into the pits of hatred that I hold him to.

After what feels like an age, the lights gleaming on my sweaty face and arms, the ref releases our hands. He rubs them in his shirt as there's crimson blood stained on them from our gloves.

Ref: "Okay boys, after a good fight like that, we show our opponent respect" (he sounds hopeful but doubtful at the same time. The usual eye contact he uses is absent. His honey coloured eyes just stare forwards)

I walk towards Jean and offer my sweat- soaked, wrapped hand. My gloves laying solemnly on the floor behind me

Jean: "Fuck you Jaeger, I'm not shaking your hand. Go back to your chink sister and bum family"

I feel the fury bubble inside me, I showed this man respect and he rubbed it in my face. I'm going to stamp on his horse face then throw him around by his stupidly died mane

Eren: "You what? I'll break your legs you muel"

After I say that I push both of my hands into his gut

He falls backwards but regains balance, all of a sudden chairs can be heard scrapping the floor all around. Carnage has ensued.

Reiner, Bertholdt and Marco have now all entered the ring. Fury across all their faces.

Bertholdt pulls a knife out of his grey Nike tracksuit bottoms

Bertholdt: "I'll slit your throat Jaeger, I swear to God" (his usual mocking tone now gone, pure anger has replaced it)

Suddenly I feel a whoosh go past my left side. A flash of blonde hair and the redness of a long, thin object

Armin has charged towards Bertholdt, anger in his face and passion in his voice as he releases a battle cry. The lights of above shining on his face, he's sporting two black eyes.

Bertholdt has no time to react, the ref is too busy helping Marco hold Jean back and Reiner is busy picking up the rickety metal corner stool.

Armin brutally beats Bertholdt with the pipe. SMACK. SMACK. SMASH. BANG. BANG.