~The Cursed Journal~

~Your POV~

I sat on the Gryffindor couch, still waiting for Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

Finally, I heard the painting open and I whipped my head towards the hole. I saw the trio walk in with expressions I couldn't quite read.

I hopped off the couch, while I was waiting I was trying to clear my mind. "Guys! Where were you?" I say, running over to them.

They just looked at me, and give each other a glance. "Hey, Y/n." They greet.

I look at then questionably. That's now how they would usually greet me. I got a panic that they started to not see me as a friend and I was distancing myself from them too much.

"Can I talk to you guys?" I ask. I want to apologize for distancing myself from them. They glanced at each other and raised an eye brow. "Yea, sure." Hermione says, while the other two boys nod.

I walk over to the fireplace, them following me. Harry sits down next to me, and Hermione and Ron sit next to each other.

I looked around the common room before starting. "I'm so, so sorry. I'm sorry for distancing myself from you guys. I'm sorry to you Hermione, for not telling you the full truth whenever you ask where I sneak out to. Because like I said before I would curious where you would be sneaking out to almost every night if you did that."

"I'm sorry that I've been doing my own thing, not telling you guys things. And it's for two reasons really." They perk up listening intently.

"One of the reasons, is something I actually can't tell you. Or else I would probably die." I explain, referring to The Cardinals stuff. I want to tell them about the group of people I've been seeing but they're a secret group. And this is only my second year knowing my friends.

"The other reason, I can tell you, but I won't, to keep you guys safe." There expressions went from interigued, like it was at the beginning when I said 'two reasons.' to scared or nervous, to confusion, nervous, and scared.

"I can't say more from there. Not now at least. I just... I don't want to lose you guys as friends." I say looking down at the ground.

They all glance at each other with guilty looks, before looking at me again. "We aren't going anywhere, Y/n." Hermione reassures.

"I know, but I've been distancing myself from you guys this whole school year basically! We only talk during classes and through the halls. All the other times I'm somewhere else sneaking out." I reason.

"And I'm being truthful when I sneak out at night to go to the Forbidden Forest!" I try to convince them.

They nod their heads. I was about to ask them if they actually believe me before Harry cut me off.

"We're sorry too, Y/n. You've been probably distancing yourself to keep us safe, like you said. And we've been kinda secretive with you lately too." Be says. "Oh?" I lean in, raising an eyebrow.

"But, we can't say anything from there." He says with a wink, leaning back. I give him a 'Are you serious?' look and look at Hermione and Ron that had a smirk on their faces.

I roll my eyes as I hear the portrait open. I look and see Ginny come in. She looked at me and waved. I waves back.

I looked at the floor, and then thought about it.

The journal is what's possessing us. If we get rid of it, we won't be possessed anymore. Right?

I thought to myself. "I'll be right back guys." I say and walk up the stairs, where Ginny went.