~The Tea Spilled~

This is definitely one of my favorite chapters, as well as the chapter before this. I love it so much.

~Hermione's POV~

It was my chance now. I heard Y/n slip out of the dorm after checking if I was asleep, and I did the same.

I slipped out of bed and out the door. I checked the common room to make sure she wasn't there. And then I ran on my tiptoes towards the boys dormitory.

I really didn't want to break the rules but she's my best friend. I'm going to figure out where she's been going.

I tiptoed up the steps and slightly opened the door, peeking in. I saw the boys dormitory for the first time and it looks like the girls dormitory.

I saw Ron and Harry having their beds next to each other, like Y/n's and mine. I tiptoed over to Harry.

"Harry." I whisper, shaking his shoulder. He groans before slightly moving and rubbing his eyes. "What?" He whispers back. "Y/n left the common room, hurry get your invisibility cloak." This woke him up as he seemed to get a burst of energy, and jumped out of bed running towards his trunk.

I walked over to Ron. "Ron, wake up " I say, shaking his shoulder as well. "Five more minutes." He complained.

"No, we can't. Y/n left the common room, we have to go." I whispered. He seemed a little annoyed and mumbled something under his breath. But nonetheless he got up and stretched while yawning.

"Let's go." Harry said as he walks over to us, and throwing the Invisibility cloak over the three of us.

We slipped out of the boys dormitory and walked out of the common room. "Do you know where she went?" Harry whispered. I listened carefully and heard footsteps going down the hall. "I think that way." And we cautiously made our way towards the footsteps.

The footsteps seemed to have turned a corner. "Do you guys hear that?" Harry all of a sudden whispered. "The footsteps? Yea." Ron answered. "No, that noise. It's coming from the walls." He says.

I try to listen to see what he's listening to, but I don't hear anything. "Harry, there's no noise happening other than the footsteps." But now that I listen the footsteps stop as well.

And so do we, but we continue to cautiously go forward and turned the corner to see Y/n there. She was turn around, looking at the walls. She looked at one of the walls and walked up to it and put her ear up to it.

"Y/n hears it too." Harry says. Harry looks at the wall, but first he looks at the windows. "Why are the spider's like that?" Harry asked. Pointing to the window. I look to where he's pointing and I see the spider's all in a line going out through the window.

Y/n walks over to it as well. "What's going on?" She murmured. Her watched beeped, she checked it. "11:20?! Oh shoot!" She exclaims and starts bolting it down the hallway.

We took off after her and she manouvered herself around the castle. I don't know if it was just me but she started getting really fast, and she keeps turning around as if she heard us, but we were so far away struggling to keep up with her. She couldn't have heard us.

Her eyes seem to be glowing as well, I don't know if I'm just seeing things because I'm tired or if her eyes are actually glowing yellow.

But she continued to run and after her and she made her way to the courtyard. What is she doing going outside? We pick up our pace to slip out before the doors could close.

The doors were closing faster than my liking. I was doubting we were going to get through but at the last second we were able to slip out and the door closed behind us.