~A Talking Journal~

~Your POV~

It was the end of the feast, and we were making our way back to the Gryffindor common room. "So, how were your guys' summer? We couldn't exactly talk about our summers since of the whole... not being able to get through the platform situation." I ask. "Wait, you guys weren't able to get through the platform?" Hermione questions us further.

"Yea, that's why we took the car. Because for some reason, even though it was before eleven, we tried to get through the platform, but it was as if the platform closed and we weren't able to go through. We weren't about to skip Hogwarts, so we took Ron's car that they used to save, Harry." I explain.

She gives us another disapproving look, but looks forward and continues walking with us. "So, as you were saying, Y/n, my summer was pretty good. Stayed at the burrow with my family. Harry joined us at the last couple of days, for reasons that you already know." Ron announces to us.

"My summer sucked like always. I stayed that the stupid Dursely's with my pig of a cousin Dudley." Harry said with distaste, and a glare at the ground. I give him a sympathetic look. "Mine was way better than usual. I got to stay with Hermione the whole summer." I explain.

We made our way into the common room. "We should start getting unpacked. Tomorrow's the first day of school." I reason. "Ughh," Ron groans. "Why does school have to start right after the first day we get here?" Ron complains.

"Well, we're going to have to deal with it. That's also how it is in muggle schools. Except you leave at the end of the day, and school's for seven hours, then we leave for the day, and show up again." I reason again. Ron looks at me wide-eyed. "How do you even know that? Aren't you a pureblood?" Ron asks.

"Yea, but I live with a muggle-born. I've learned a few things." I say with a shrug, as I start walking towards the girls dormitory.

Hermione and I spend some time unpacking, and eventually when everything is done, I set B/n down and pull out a bag of insects and place them on the desk to feed him. I was putting the bag back, and notice the journal again.

"What's the point of having this if I'm not going to use it?" I thought to myself.

So she decided to use it. (But little did she know, it would be a big mistake.)

She took out the journal and grabbed the quill that Harry gave her. She sat on her bed and thought: I want the ink to be rainbow.

I know, kinda out of character as a member of a pureblood Slytherin family, but I think it looks really beautiful on the paper. Sometimes I would switch to a dark red, or a dark blue, sometimes purple. I start writing in the journal of all the events that've happened so far, from when I tried to get on to the platform, to all the way 'till me, Harry, Ron, and Hermione made it to the Gryffindor's Common Room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...and after the feast, and howler, and everything, Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I all made our way to the common room and unpacked." I finished in cursive. There were a couple of pages filled with my writing, and that's when Hermione came into the dormitory after being in the bathroom.

"You should get dressed in your night gown, it's already so late, Y/n! We have classes tomorrow. Get ready for bed." Hermione commands. "Alright fine." I say annoyed and roll my eyes playfully as I put away my quill, see B/n already is fast asleep, but when I was about to close the journal, I saw something weird.

All of the writing I just did, was disappearing and sinking into the pages of the journal. I flip a few pages back, to see that they were already disappeared. I flipped back to the current page to reveal that the last few words that I wrote were sinking into the page.