17 ¦ Margaret Fellice

Start from the beginning

"Really? I thought you are actually seeing a therapist. You actually need it." I fight back my urge to laugh uncontrollably at him. "But don't say too much, or they'll send you to an asylum."

"Ha Ha Ha, very funny Maggie." He rolls his eyes at me. "Why don't you become a stand-up comedian?"

"Nah, I rather become a sit-down disappointment." Noah laughs hysterically, and I just snicker at my own joke. "Okay, in all seriousness, where are you going?"

"Well, I have this group session in my Philosophy Ethics Class. All student must participate in the group session."

"What are you guys doing in that group session anyway?" I'm actually curious on joining Philosophy class. Maybe when I'm done with this year, I'll choose Philosophy to be one of my minors.

"We're just discussing each philosophical beliefs of each philosopher." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Wait a minute, when you say 'all students', you mean even Ben?" I give him a wide grin, lifting my eyebrows up and down to tease him even more.

His facial expression immediately turns bland and expressionless. "Well, yeah?"

Omg, Noah is going to see Ben Rider, I'm internally screaming. Ben is Noah's hetero crush since he first went to this university, and now he's stalking him, I'm a proud roomie. Not gonna lie, Ben is a decent looking kinda guy, and they certainly look good together if I say so myself. The problem is, Ben is a full-on hetero, and I don't think he's into the same sex. Don't get me wrong, Ben isn't homophobic or anything, he just doesn't feel anything when it comes to the same sex. Poor Noah, stalking someone who can't be with him. Kinda tragic really.

I give a sympathized look towards Noah's direction, and in return, he just raises an eyebrow at me. "You know that you don't have a chance with him, right?" I feel bad for the guy who's just looking for love.

"I know..." He sounds sad now, I don't want to hear his sad voice. It's quite rare to hear him sad like that. "But wouldn't hurt to make him my inspiration, right?" He gives out a slight smile just to hide his sadness written around his face.

I walk up towards him, and give him a huge tight hug. "Well, good luck about that man. Even if it seems impossible, at least you made him your inspiration to keep moving forward." Smiling, even though he won't see it when my head is right behind his.

Even though I can't see his face behind me, I could still feel him smiling genuinely. "Thank you for that, you're the best." We both pull off from the hug and just smile at one another. Heading to the door, "Good luck with your date with Nancy! Tell her I said hi!" Noah exclaims as I close the door behind me, smiling.

I snatch up my phone from my pocket to type in a text.

Me: Where are you now? And also, Noah says hi.

I immediately receive a reply from Nancy.

Nancy: I'm already at the gate. Where are you? And also tell Noah I said hello.

Me: Don't worry, I'm coming!

Closing in the text messages between me and Nancy, switching to Noah's number.

Me: Yo, Nancy says hello.

Noah: YAY!!!

Chuckling softly as I put my phone in my pocket and meander as fast as my lungs can handle. Have I mentioned that I have an asthma? No, well this might be the best time, is it? But who cares? I'm going to have a date with Nancy, and we're gonna gossip a lot of stuff. Especially about-

I accidentally bump into someone, when I was too busy thinking about our gossip. Haven't I learned from bumping into someone? I didn't learn anything from the past, did I?

"What did I just tell you? I said you need to be careful right?" That soft calm voice... I remember who's that voice belongs to.

I slowly look up, hoping that the person I'm thinking about is really the person I just bump into, and to my judgment, it is Amon. My face light up with a bright smile with a hint of nervousness, because I just bump into him again. "Amon! Hey!"

"Hello again!" He smiles back at me. His eyes roaming up and down to me, "Where are you going??" He raises an eyebrow.

"Well, I have a date." I keep on smiling at him, but his smile quickly fades into a faint frown.

"Oh really?" He sounds sad for some reason. I don't know why he sound so sad.

"Yeah, actually it's just with my 'girlfriend'." I gesture an air-quote on the word "girlfriend", but Amon seems to misinterpret it.

"You're a lesbian?" His eyes went wide for a second.

I wish I was lesbian, I would totally date Nancy, I murmur in my mind. "Oh, no not like that. I meant that I have a date with my friend which is a girl." I try to give him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"Oh, okay." His infamous calm sweet smile is back on his smooth adorable face. "Have fun would ya!" He waves at me as he walks away, still smiling.

"Yeah, thanks." I wave back, heading over the entrance as fast as I can, and I feel a constant vibration in my pocket, I prefer to put my phone into vibrate than putting on some annoying ringtone that can ruin my concentration. I snatch my phone again just to see Nancy's text.

Nancy: Where the fuck are you? I'm getting bored on waiting you. Don't tell me you visited fucking Narnia?

I laugh at her message. God, I wish I could visit Narnia.

Me: Sorry, I'm coming don't worry about it. I just accidentally bump into someone.

Nancy: What's with you bumping into people?

Me: I don't know, don't ask me.

I put my phone back into my pocket. As I turn to the end of the hallway, I can already see Nancy waving and jumping just so I can see her. Waving back and jumping like her, as if I'm a happy little bunny rabbit. Finally, reached her car, and we hug each other for a moment.

"You have no idea how much I want to make chit-chat with you." I let go of her. "There's just so much to talk about."

"Well, you better start now, because we're going to have a long ride!" Nancy pats my back as I enter her car.

Watching Nancy hop on the driver's seat, turning the engine up, my phone suddenly vibrates in my pocket. I snatch up my phone and see what's up, but it turns out, it's just Noah having a mild panic attack from his crush.

Noah: Omg omg omg, Ben is sitting two seats away from me!!!

I could practically hear him screeching just by reading his message. "Who's that?" Nancy asks before she starts driving away from the gate.

"Oh, it's just Noah, panicking because his crush is seating two seats away from him."

Nancy chuckles up softly, her focus is on the road, while I type in my response.

Me: Dude, he's just seating two seats away from you, calm down.

Noah: I know that. And also, every time we look at each other, he gives me a smile. I think he likes me.

Me: Really? A guy just smiles at you and you immediately think he likes you?

Noah: It's a possibility, so shush your mouth.

I laugh softly but Nancy notices it and now looking at me in the front mirror. "Why are you laughing?" She raises an eyebrow at the mirror before turning her attention back to the road.

"Oh, it's just Noah jumping into the conclusion that his crush likes him because he just smiles at him." I'm still chuckling softly by that.

Nancy let out a sigh, smiling as she focuses on where she is driving. "That's Noah alright, jumping into questionable conclusions." We both laugh as Nancy drives off.

This is all I need in my life. Just the sound of our laughter combined by smooth engine noise from her car, but even though this feels amazing, there's still something missing in my life. I can't think of what's that thing that is missing, and I also can't seem to stop thinking about it. I bet once I tell this predicament to anyone, the thought will go away, but for now, I just need to have fun.