{•II•}

{•Lynette•}

I double checked my make up in the bathroom mirror one last time, making sure everything was still covered.

I took a deep breath before reaching into my bag and grabbing the bottle of setting spray.

I sprayed some on my face, then fanning it with some paper I had before getting a little bit more powder, just in case, and getting rid of any shiny spots.

I also added some extra powder to the bruises on my neck.

Once I was satisfied with the coverage, being glad it didn't looked cakey and streaky, I put my stuff away, gave myself a final check, and then headed out to clock in.

I work full time at a high end dress and jewelry boutique in a luxury mall in Downtown. I mostly handle any repairs, and I'm in charge of the store visuals, but I do make decent sales when I make them.

Trevor got me the job not long after I met him, and its honestly the only good thing I have. However, it is a tiring job with long hours, and despite the money I bring in for rent and food, Trevor hates it when I come late since he always assumes anything.

I stepped out and put my things away before clocking in.

It was a weekday, so it was a really slow day.

"Hey, Lynette," My assistant manager, Vera, greeted me.

"Hey," I smiled softly.

Thankfully, no one at work is none the wiser about what really happens at home.

I cover it all up with make up, longsleeves, jackets, turtlenecks and scarves, sometimes even gloves. If anyone were to ask, I have a strange condition where I can't regulate my body temperature right, hence why I wear more layers than I should.

Considering I'm within the uniform code, no one questiones it. On top of that, the store tends to get chilly most days anyway.

Part of me wants to tell them all.... Tell them everything and get help..... But another part of me is scared of what could happen....

Work is the only place I can feel completely normal and like nothing is wrong .

I'm safe here...

Just another working class female trying to make ends meet and going about her day as planned.

Though deep down.... I'll always be a victim.....

"Slow days are borning," I sighed as we walkes from the register.

"Well at least we don't have to deal with uppity rude customers until things pick up," She shrugged.  "Oh, by the way, a customer bought in a gold piece that needs the stones attached again."

"Oh okay, I'll get on it," I nodded when a mom and two boys came in, the boys running around like crazy.

"Guys, stop it!!" the mother scolded, looking tired as she tried to get them to settle down.

That's when Tania walked over, looming up.

"Ugh, that light went out again," Tania, my co-worker, sighed as she looked up at the lamp.

We looked and saw the main lighting fixture was out again.

I sighed softly. Not again....

"I got it this time," I said. "Let me get the ladder."

"Okay, but be careful," Vera said. "I'll grab the light bulb."

I nodded as I went and got the ladder from the nearby storage room by the counter and came back.