{•XVIII•}

*Lynette*

"There," Leda smiled as she wrapped my hand in a bandage. "This should help for the meantime. Once Lord Remington returns, his blood will help you feel better."

Leda gave me her blood and the pain dulled a little, but it still ached like hell, and I could barely move it much.

Since Remington's blood was my first taste, and I'm his food source, only his blood can heal me faster.

Anyone else's would only be able to heal me a little bit and slowly.

I sighed and nodded, looking at my bandaged hand. "Thanks...."

She nodded as she packed the first aid kit, then looked at me.

"You shouldn't feel bad.... Honestly, I'm more surprised anyone here has gone so long without reaching a breaking point, you especially" Leda said. "Lord Sebastian just wants his family and the rest of Obsidian to be safe again.... And I know you just want things to make sense.... Of course, it was wrong of him to accuse you like that..."

I sighed. "I still should have controlled my anger.... I didn't mean any of what I said to him.... It was wrong," I said, walking towards the mirror in the room.

I then lifted my top, looking down at the damn mark on my hip that's caused me so much trouble just now.

"I don't know how I can be connected to this world, Leda.... My life started out on Earth when I was orphaned.... Yet here I am with a mark that in this other world means I'm a danger.....? How does that make sense?" I asked. "There has to be some sort of explanation...."

She frowned softly and looked down. "I wish I had an answer to that.... I do believe you mean no ill will, my lady," she assured.

I sighed, but couldn't help but smiled. "Thank you, Leda...."

She smiled and nodded. "You know... I believe Lord Warhol or Lord Lieseil might have the answers you seek..."

I furrowed my brows. "I thought they disappeared after the first attacks against the empire..."

"But I may know a way we can at least contact Lord Warhol...." she said, sounding hopeful.

My eyes widen in surprise.

"Come. Follow me, my lady," she said, taking my good hand and leading me out of the room. "Yhere is one room you haven't seen yet."

I furrowed my brows. "There's a lot of the castle I haven't seen yet, but what else is there?"

She turned and smiled at me.

"Warhol and Lieseil's offices," she said.

***

"My god, he's beautiful, " I said, admiring the large, beautiful hawk, in his perch that was in a large glass aviary.

"Lynette," Leda smiled. "Meet Horus."