{•XVI•}

⚠ Warning: Scenes in this chapter may mention violence, blood and some gore. I️f affected please read with caution!! ⚠️

~~~~~

{•Sebastian•}

"I only want to assure her safety," I said to Larisa as she paced our room.

"Assuring her safety does not mean keeping her prisoner inside the castle walls," Larisa scolded, carrying Mishka. "I'm even going to assume today was her first time seeing the gardens at all since she arrived.... Correct?"

I hesitated to answer, and she sighed, putting down Mishka.

"You know, one day, she'll be Remington's mate, and if anything were to ever happened to us, she and Remington are our successors...." she said. "As a Blackwell lady, she deserves a little more respect from Obsidian's future king. Being cold and strict will only make things harder for her...."

I sighed and sipped some of my gin.

I guess I have been a little hard on her...

"Goodness, Sebastian.... Your mother would scold you for being such a rude gentleman," she said.

"Those two words contradict each other, you know," I said, deciding to calm her frustrations with some humor

It always works with her... Hehe...

She gave me a look and scoffed. "You won't tease your way out of this, mister," she scolded, making me chuckle and walk over to her, wrapping my arms around her.

"Then what will it take for my beloved queen to forgive me?" I said, a soft pout on my lips as I looked at her innocently.

She tried to be strong, but then looked up and smirked softly and wrapped her around her neck. "Considering I missed you during my assignment..." she said, letting her fangs pout out from her full red lips. "I can think of a few ideas to convince me...."

I smirked, letting my fangs also grow out before suddenly a frantic knock on our door.

We turned to see the door burst open and Leda rushed in.

"Your highnesses," Leda said, bowing her head.

"What is it, Leda?" I asked, trying not to be upset at the interruption.

"Two guards on the west wall were found staked through their chest," She said urgently.

We froze at the news.

"What!?" Larisa asked as I quickly grabbed my jacket.

"We have intruders. Leda, where are my brothers?" I asked.

"In the throne room. Billie's on her way to warn them," She said.

"Larisa, stay here," I said, pulling on my jacket. "

"No, wait, Sebastian!" Larisa gasped. "Where's Lynette!?"

My eyes widen as I turned to Leda.

"Find Lynette, get her to her bedroom immediately, and have guards at her door, Leda!" I ordered.

"Leda, I'll go with you!" Larisa said.

"Yes, your highness!" Leda said, bowing before quickly rushing out of the room with Larisa as I hurried with some nearby guards.

{•Lynette•}

After I spent some time in the garden, I decided to go back inside and kill time reading in the library.

Larisa and Shy are right about one thing, for sure. I eventually might have to take some sort of role here, and I want to do what I can for the people of Obsidian, even if its small.