{•IX•}

⚠️WARNING: Scenes depicting violence against women, abuse, assault, near death, along with mentions of blood and gore, depicted in this chapter. If affected please proceed with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

{•Lynette•}

I shuddered in horror as I stared at the truck in the driveway, which was accompanied by other cars.

His friends...

I felt my heart pounding hard against my chest.

He wasn't supposed to be back for another week.... Why is he back so early?!

I gulped as I grabbed my bags, backing up as I was about to grab my phone when suddenly my back met with someone and I gasped as I was suddenly grabbed hard by two strong hands and spun around.

"Well look who's home," Trevor's best friend, Zack, chuckled with an evil smirk.

"I-I-" I stuttered nervously as he had a tight grip on me.

"You look nice, Lynnie. Surprise for the beau?" he asked in a mocking tone. "Well, let's have him see it then, shall we?"

"N-No, please...." I pleaded as he then dragged me over to the house.

He pulled me with him up the stairs before we walked in, door open, and he shoved me inside, making me trip and almost fall.

The house was filled with the sounds of loud laughter, music and video games from the living room. With it, the all too familiar smell of alcohol, marijuana and cigarettes.

"Hey, Trev!!" Zack shouted over the noise. "Look what the cat dragged in!!!"

The volume music was then lowered as I stood nervously in the hall, and then Trevor emerged from the living room, a beer bottle in his hand.

He chuckled as he walked over, making me back up slowly.

"You're home late..." He said, almost in a slur. "I was expecting dinner once I got home for me and the boys, and yet you were nowhere to be found... Care to explain?"

"I-I was at work...." I said honestly.

"Huh..... New dress, too?" he asked. "A little too dressy for work..."

I gulped. "Early birthday gift from.... From my friend...." I said. "I-I just wanted to wear it."

"Huh.... That friend new in town, right?" he asked.

I froze as I looked at him in horror.

*SMACK!!*

I yelped as he swung and backhanded me, slamming me against the wall.

"Useless bitch," he scoffed. "Can't even fucking behave on your damn own!"

"I-I didn't do anything wrong," I whimpered in pain as I held my cheek.

"Pfft, sure! You know, I knew you'd probably try and do something while I was gone. Try and escape, anything. So.... I had Zack keep an eye on you while I was gone," he snarled

My blood went cold as I went still as I looked up at him and then Zack, who smirked down at me.

He's been watching me this entire time?

"And he happened to give me that juicy little detail about a certain scrawny blonde stranger waltzing around town with you," Trevor scoffed.

I gasped and looked up at him in shock.