{•XXXI•}

⚠️ Warning: chapter contains mentions of violence, torture and death. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

{•Remington•}

I really hope this plan works....

I stood in my room getting ready for tonight, dressed in my clothes, aside from trying to fix my tie.

My beloved is at the hands of psychotic anarchists trying to kill me and my family, and yet here I am getting dressed for some party....

Just then my doors opened and Sebastian walked in, already dressed, even wearing his crown. He stood nearby as he looked at me.

"I can never tie it correctly...." I grumbled in defeat as I pulled the tie off.

He took a deep breath and walked over. "Here...."

I grumbled and faced him as he started to put it back on me and tie it correctly.

"I've taught you plenty of times to do this," He said as he worked on it, being careful like always. "As did our father, and you still have trouble-"

"Its too hard, okay?!" I snapped sternly at him.

He was quiet as he gave me a sad look, and I instantly felt guilty.

"I-I'm sorry.... Its just.... I-I'm scared," I admitted. "I can't stop thinking about how terrified she must be.... What they could be doing to her....."

"Its alright..... I'm worried about her, too...." he said, finishing the tie and adjusting my jacket. "She's your mate and you have every right to be scared...."

I frowned and looked down as he continued.

He then looked up at me and spoke.

"Remington..... I know I tend to be hard on you, and on Emerson.... I only do it because I love you both," he said, looking at me.

I pursed my lips and looked down. "I know, Sebastian... You always mean well...."

"I want to protect you both... Its what I promised myself after the shipwreck, and what I promised Mother before they...." he said, pausing for a moment.

I looked up at him sadly as he then gently held his hand on my face.

"You and Emerson are the closest thing I have left as blood family..... I can't afford losing either or both of you...." he said.

I looked at him sadly and pulled my big brother into a hug.

"I love you, too....." I said.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

Sebastian may be really strict and harsh sometimes, but I know he only means well. He's the oldest after all, and shoulders a lot of responsibility. He only wants what's best for his loved ones, even if it can overwhelm someone. However, he always means well and at the end of the day, I'm thankful to have him and Emerson as my brothers.

"Umm.... Promise me something, brother...." I asked.

We pulled back and he looked down at me. "Yes?"