{•XIV•}

⚠️Warning: Slight mentions of self harm and mentions of blood in the story. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

{•Lynette•}

I paced boredly around a big hallway not far from the kitchen, trying to kill time.

Its been about a little over 2 weeks since I've been here.... I'm still trying to get used to things here....

The servants, the luxury, the high class living all together is so alien to me.

Its completely out of my element...

During my time here, however, I've learned a lot with what's going on around here.

For starters, it turns out Earth is really no different from Obsidian.

Despite being different realms and somewhat different timelines, they are very similar in many ways.

One example: Cults exist here.

While Earth has many cults such has Scientology, the Latter-Day Saints, Heaven's Gate, also political cults as well, and a few that don't exist anymore like Jonestown or The Manson Family, Obsidian also has its fair share of cults, but more of smaller ones with no real significance or turmoil.

However, only one here stands out the most, and strikes fear among all the people of the Obsidian Empire.

The Visigoth Rebellion.

A cult-slash-terrorist group responsible for a lot of the turmoil and death throughout the empire.

According to what Remington told me, the rebellion overthrew the Blackwell family long ago, killing his parents.

With help from allies, however, they were able to regain control and incarcerated their ringleader, a certain Alexander Visigoth. His wife, Lilith, is also his second in command.

However, Alexander had escaped had escaped about 25 years ago.

He, as well as his wife, have been wanted dead or alive ever since.

The Visigoths wanted revenge on the Blackwell family and their allies for taking their power away from them, and for arresting Alexander.

The two founders are the only ones that can keep them at bay, but after a massive fire than nearly took the whole town, which was when Alexander escaped prison, they had vanished.....

I sighed as I looked around the mansion.

Sebastian says that we are safer within the castle walls, and that we are not allowed to venture out of them.

By we, he unfortunately mostly meant me.

According to him and Remington, if word got out to the rebellion that an outsider from another realm is here, they will see it as an even bigger threat to their cause, being one with knowledge of more than one world, and will do anything to get rid of me.

I honestly find it stupid, since there's no way I can be able to actually threaten a psychotic cult by just breathing.

I sighed, leaning against the wall and shifting in my dress.