{•XX•}

{•Lynette•}

I took aim at the target, holding my bow steady.

"Ready..... Fire," Shy said, and I let the arrow go, hitting the bullseye spot on.

I smiled to myself. Better than that last one.

"Excellent, my pupil," she smiled proudly, making me look up.

I smiled up at her. "Thanks... Really glad Sebastian put you as my teacher today," I said, adjusting the skirt of my dress.

 Really glad Sebastian put you as my teacher today," I said, adjusting the skirt of my dress

(Picture: Example of Lynette's current outfit)

Shy had helped me upgrade to more comfortable clothes, while also remining "Obsidian-chic" as Emerson called it.

Of course, now being a Duchess, I have to start getting used to gowns and the corsets, which I'm not a big fan of....

Alongside training with archery, Sebastian's also had me in sword training with Emerson, since I was insistent on learning about defending myself, while also working to find out any clue regarding Alister and the Visigoths.

I've been here for 2 months and training to be a duchess is weird, but I've thankfully gotten the hang of it.

During my free time I'm spending time with Remington or studying more at the library, as well as working with Larisa on getting aid to the townspeople affected by the rebellion.

Remington and I haven't really spoken about what I asked of him, but I know it's killing him to ask...

I then reached for my neck and sighed once I realized it.

I got to stop doing that.....

"Are you alright?" Shy asked curiously.

"Uhh, yeah," I said, then sighed. "Uuuhh, I had this necklace... Something I had since I was a baby and.... I lost it when Trevor attacked me back on Earth..."

"Oh no...." she frowned.

"Andrew had gone to try and get it back, but, they had it cataloged as evidence and when he tried to claim it, they kept poking questions and, you know, he had to get out of there before things looked suspicious....." I explained.

"True," she sighed. "You know.... Larisa and I can try to go ourselves to get it for you."

"Its in police custody, Andrew tried," I said to her.

"Oh honey.... As my long dearly- departed mother once told me," she smiled. "If a man isn't able to do it, its because it's a job for a woman."

I chuckled softly and looked up at her. "Are you sure, Shy?"

"Of course! I have my ways," she smirked proudly.

I smiled. "Well, alright.... But not now..... Later on, once we figure out what we can," I said.