{•XXIV•}

{•Remington•}

"So she's real?" Lynette asked as Leda examined her ear with an otoscope.

"Yes, but there's no record of her so far, let alone anything to prove if she's still alive or dead.... Only that she was most possibly Queen Marguerite's lady-in-waiting.... However, we don't understand why she was ever mentioned before....." Larisa explained. "Emerson and Shy are still looking for something, but we believe if anything survived the fire at Lieseil's Castle, it could be there..."

"I can't remember seeing a blonde woman at our mother's side.... Let alone at all.... Mother would have mentioned her if anything-AAAHH!!!!" I screamed, sitting up after Hyacinth removed the bullet, everyone jumping.

"Forgive me, my lord.... It was deep..." she said with a nervous shrug, holding the prongs in her hand as they held on to the silver bullet she fished out.

I sighed as I looked back. "Its fine.... Anyway, as I was saying...... It was always Delia, however, up until the day of the fires, when they killed her and our parents... Although, Delia had red hair... Not blonde..."

We were taken to the infirmary and I managed to give blood to Lynette to heal her, whereas I needed the bullet taken out first..... Not fun......

"I-I'm just more stumped at what Alexander told me.... He seemed so sure that I was next in line for the throne, but...." Lynette said as I pulled my shirt back on.

"He's demented, the ego's getting to him more," Larisa scoffed. "Honestly, Sebastian and I are only accepting the crown because Warhol and Lieseil are gone and they never had an heir.... We should have been maybe 3rd in line if anything...."

"We could send another search party for Hermes...." Larisa sighed. "However we cant risk things now that Alexander made an attack and an ultimatum all at once..."

"Look, I'm just gonna say it.... We're getting no where looking for the Warhol's, or the woman in Lynette's dreams for that matter," Emerson said. "We're even close to debating to look through ashes and rubble for answers here! This is all just some wild goose chase that Lieseil himself probably made to make us all look like complete fools and waste valuable time..."

"What do you suggest we do then?" Larisa asked.

"This lunatic seems to know about Lynette's past," He asked. "Question is, how and why?"

"Wait, what? No.... There's nothing that even I can know," Lynette said. "I was abandoned in a dumpster, by a bunch of junkies or something! Even if we did know who they were, what difference would it make? Its not like they could even have a connection with Obsidian at all.... Let alone a way to defeat the rebellion!"

"Lynette, we're hitting dead ends.... We don't know where to begin," I tried.

"Then.... Let's discuss what we do know...." Larisa said. "Warhol and Lieseil are gone, yet they are connected to the Visigoth's, and to a mysterious woman who seems connected to them Lieseil and the Blackwell's...."

"Lady Lynette also has some sort of connection to the Visigoth's via a birthmark...." Leda said. "As well as to Warhol, considering they are the only ones so far immune to a fallen angel's compulsion...."

"Alexander also seems to know something about her," Emerson said, trying to think. "He claims to know who her parents could be....."

"Yet, it all comes down to who this woman is, and what her ties are, and what she means to every single one of these connections," I added. "We find her, everything might make sense."

"Guys, umm.... I-I don't think any of it matters right now... I'm stuck on what else Alexander said to me...." Lynette sighed. "Me for the prisoners... He really wants to trade all these lives for mine...."