{•XXII•}

Warning: Slight mentions of violence, death/near death and ️VERY SLIGHT mentions of sexual content in this chapter. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

{•Lynette•}

I got dressed for the day and looked at myself in the mirror, finishing the look with the brooch Sebastian gave me.

[Picture: Example of Lynette's current outfit]

At least the skirt isn't floor length....

I sighed softly, crossing my arms over my chest.

From what was gathered, Bernadette and Prophet had gotten into a heated battle, where Bernadette broke out and then broke into his cell.

They slaughtered each other, who knows why.....

I paced around my room, since Sebastian decided to have me here for my safety until they finish investigating.

Emerson also looked all over but couldn't find anything yet on another woman who had connections to either the Blackwells, Warhol, or even Lieseil or the Visigoths for that matter, and trained with Lieseil and Hermes.

Its basically been one dead end after another.

As I kept thinking about my nightmare, another thought had crossed my mind.

If there's a bassinet then.... That means there must be a baby somewhere, right?

I took a deep breath as I rubbed my temple with my fingertips.

If that's true.... Where could that baby be?

Is it a boy? A girl?

..... Is that baby even alive?

I sighed as I sat down, then had an idea.

Lieseil had his castle..... Maybe something survived the fire that can tell us who she is, or even where the baby is.....

There could also be something at the Warhol Manor..... Maybe we can look there..... I'll have to ask Sebastian....

I can only hope that there's something...

All of a sudden, I hear a knock at my balcony door and jumped.

I furrowed my brows, not knowing what it could be.....

I reached over for my quiver, pulling it on before grabbing my bow and arming it, carefully approaching the balcony doors.

If this is another psycho fallen angel, I swear to God....

I slowly moved the curtain aside with the tip of my arrow, and I'm met with a familiar face with blonde hair.

"Boo," Remington smiled from behind the glass door.