21: Blood of Lightning

Start from the beginning

Lyra: "keep it with pride, we all mourn the dead in our way." She says as Lexington nods but states that he's been mourning for months now.

Lexington: "I just... I don't know how to let go." He says as Lyra feeling bad for him gives a peck to his cheek as he looks her way.

Lyra: "don't overthink it, you'll know when it's time to let go, maybe it won't be today, tommorow or even a year from now but you'll know." She assures as Lexington appreciates the advice thanking her. "Don't mention it, happy to help." She says as Lexington gets up and smiles softly.

Lexington: "then I'm certain you'll be a great queen when the time arises... Heh arise like a phoenix." He jokes as Lyra facepalms at the joke even though it makes sense. Lexington leaves as he stands on the beach and uses air magic to float over to a couple surfaced rocks and sits himself down enjoying the peace.

Lexington: "let go... Could that also be the answer to using Lightning effectively?" He asks himself when he hears a soft growl beneath him in the water. The head of Grállagaia slowly raises his head as Lexington looks up seeing Grállagaia looking right at him. "Oh uh was I disturbing you?" He asks worried with Grállagaia lowering his large head to Lexington.

Grállagaia: "Lex...ing...ton." It slowly speaks out as Lexington is surprised it's actually speaking in a tongue he can understand.

Lexington: "you can talk!?" He asks as Grállagaia growls softly with annoyance.

Grállagaia: "not...very...well in...this...tongue." He says slowly once speaking as Lexington acknowledges this still grasping at the fact he's speaking to giant serpent.

Lexington: "what do you want?" He asks as Grállagaia bellows lowly as Lexington smells his god awful breath.

Grállagaia: "I... Wish... to... Help you." He grunts out as Lexington stares not understanding what he means. "With... Lightning." He clarifies as Lexington crosses his arms whilst scoffing.

Lexington: "and how exactly are you gonna do that? My father is trying but I can't get-" as Grállagaia roars cutting him off.

Grállagaia: "you are... Afraid... To hurt those... You love... With lightning." As Lexington's eyes widen wondering how the hell he knew that. "Your father... Was the same... Scared and... Clueless." He growls as Lexington doesn't have a response for that. "You must understand... Your heart and mind... Knows what it... Wants to protect... Or destroy." He growls showing his teeth and is face to face with Lexington.

Lexington: "but my father says I need to guide it, not control it... Aren't those the same thing?" As Grállagaia huffs lowly staring with one eye.

Grállagaia: "imagine a child... What happens... If you control... Instead of guiding?" As Lexington slowly realizes what he's talking about.

Lexington: "it'll never properly develop or become what it's meant to be." As Grállagaia growls in approval and nudges him to touch him which Lexington does.

Grállagaia: "do not control lightning.... Become lightning." He says as Lexington nods whilst petting Grállagaia's snout but Grállagaia lifts his head up. "Good luck... Lex." He says roaring before diving back into the sea as Lexington uses air magic to fly back to the beach.

Simon: "Lex? What was that about?" He asks but sees the slight smile on Lexington's face.

Lexington: "I wanna try lightning again, I think I got it." He says but Simon looks hesitant. "Please?" He asks nicely as Simon gives in returning to their usual spot.

Simon: "hey... I just wanna say I'm sorry for pressuring you earlier." As Lexington looks over and nods. "Even with Lexi I struggled to be an understanding father and I'm not any better with you."

Lexington: "I'm glad I at least have you as a father now." He says reluctantly hugging him as Simon is surprised by this but returns it.

Simon: "okay... Let's try this again." He says stepping back as Lexington takes some deep breaths remembering what Grállagaia told him.

Lexington: "become lightning." He says with blue electricity flows around his wrist and hand as he blasts lightning out of his fingers as the lightning strikes the boulder obliterating it into a bunch of pieces. "Fuckin finally!" He exclaims with pride as Simon chuckles feeling proud that his son has finally gotten the hang of it.

Simon: "good job... But now there are many other techniques such as enhancing your own speed like Lexi or if you're feeling mean you can use lightning to enhance your own punches and when in tandem with enhanced strength? Well someone won't be having a good day if they're on the receiving end." He says as Lexington dabbles briefly with these techniques.

Lexington: "Interesting... So I guess I should the next few weeks refining my magic?" As Simon nods but they walk together.

Simon: "not only that but try thinking of unique ways of use your magic in tandem, like striking someone with lightning after you splash them with water." He says as Lexington acknowledges this and says he'll make sure to do that when they see Zeke crash into the sand and is laying down in pain.

Roxanne: "get up Zeke, you wanna use the morningstar? You need to mean it." She says whilst twirling her morningstar whip as Zeke slowly gets up clearly hurt to a degree. "Heads up Zeke!" She says whipping her morningstar whip towards Zeke as it connects with his face but makes a loud clanking sound. Zeke's skin hardens turning to steel as Roxanne looks on impressed.

Zeke: "ma'am can we please take a break?" He asks exhausted as Roxanne is reluctant but agrees to this as Zeke lays back on the sand.

Simon: "well I'll be damned, you actually have yourself an apprentice." He says in a teasing manner as Roxanne looks over.

Roxanne: "well Zeke here wants to use the morningstar like me so I figured I'd take him under my wing." She says as Zeke sits up when they see Cedric approaching as Lexington and Zeke see the strange scars all over his arms.

Lexington: "what's with the scars?" He asks his father in confusion but Roxanne answers the question.

Roxanne: "Cedric was born in the mountain tribes of Newcastle, those scars are intentional as every scar is a kill he made." She says as both Lexington and Zeke are surprised realizing that Cedric has killed a lot.

Zeke: "how do you know that ma'am?" He asks curiously as Roxanne looks over reluctant to answer.

Roxanne: "I had an encounter with the mountain tribes once, was actually the first time Cedric and I met." She says rather bitterly as Cedric is near them.

Cedric: "hey Zeke, I assume Roxanne is teaching you well?" He asks as Zeke nods. "Good." He says noticing Roxanne refusing to look his way. "Does my presence offend you Roxanne?" He asks kindly as Roxanne scoffs hearing this.

Roxanne: "what do you think... Murderer?" She asks as Cedric sighs heavily but stays calm as Simon motions Lexington and Zeke to get back.

Cedric: "murderer... I'm not that kind of man anymore Roxy." He says trying to be respectful but Roxanne isn't having it.

Roxanne: "you killed my sister you good for nothing barbarian and then scarred yourself as if it's an accomplishment!" She rants as Cedric sighs with guilt while pinching the bridge of his nose.

Cedric: "I'm sorry." He says as Roxanne grits her teeth ready to swing her morningstar whip but Alec pulls her away as Simon approaches Cedric. "What am I supposed to do? I can't help that I was born into the mountain tribes." He says shaking his head as Simon decides to be honest.

Simon: "there ain't much you can do." He says as Cedric nods but feels as though he should try. Alec meanwhile is trying to comfort Roxanne as best he can.

Alec: "Roxy talk to me." He says softly as Roxanne sighs and places her head against his chest.

Roxanne: "I just miss my sister soo much, and I can't help but put the blame on Cedric as he dealt the killing blow." She admits as Alec strokes the back of her head.

Alec: "I understand, just please don't kill Cedric, we got bigger issues to deal with." He says with honesty.

Roxanne: "no promises." She says jokingly and stays in his grasp finding it comforting.