Chapter twenty one

I let out a sigh as we pulled up in Grandma's compound. Probably the house where Stephano grew up.
We got out the car, walking past the several pruned flowers into the house.
Everyone was seated in the seating room already. Even Grandma whom I rarely saw except for during breakfast, lunch and dinner, was here. It should be around ten pm or so and she is usually in bed by now.

Quinn was seating next to Sophia on the love couch. Ariana sat on the handle, holding her sister's shoulder firmly. Sophia was wearing a long, dark red gown, she was leaning on Quinn's shoulder, clutching tightly to his arm. He on the other hand was smiling broadly, pure affection vivid in his eyes as he held her other hand. Fingers intertwined.
They were all smiling broadly. Grandma was the happiest it appeared. She looked so excited.

"Ah, look who is back." Stephanie smiled as I walked in with Stephano.

"The annoying big brother and his sexy bodyguard." She laughed.

Grandma turned  to Stephano. "Son, you are back. Come have a seat right beside me." She tapped the space on her chair. Stephano walked right up to it, seating beside her.

"You too Ariana. Have a seat." I walked to the other empty seat, plopping down on it.

"What's all the excitement about?" Stephano asked.

"You won't believe it." Stephanie replied.

"I decide what to believe and what not, tell me." He joked, a smile playing on his lips.

Stephanie huffed, her smile unfaltering.

"Sophia...? Say something." He urged.

"Well...." Sophia smiled. She laughed, almost turning red. Then she looked up again. "I am pregnant."

I watched Stephano's face go blank for a second. His brain processing the message. I was slightly taken aback too.

"Pregnant?" He asked. Sophia nodded vigorously. "Wow..." I watched his face morph into pure joy.

"I am going to be an uncle, after so long..." He beamed, his blue eyes lighting up the stars.

He called for a toast. We passed wine around, celebrating the occasion. We retired to bed, happy, satisfied.
_______________________

"Where are we going?" I asked Stephano, we were driving out the compound.
He had requested some more guards be put around the compound and a maid hired, to make sure Sophia was safe and comfortable.

"Somewhere." He replied. Keeping his eyes on the road.

We drove silently through the roads. Very soon he pulled up by an empty grassland.

I was surprised. This place was pretty with short green grass that I felt like running around in and laying on.

"What are we doing here boss?" I asked.

"A picnic." He replied.

"A picnic?" I asked, dumbfounded. "Why?"

"My mum... She always brought me on one... Today I just feel like going for one." He replied.

I felt touched, we shared the same grievance. Except I never got to go on picnics with my mum. We will only do chores together, go to the market together and everywhere we went, we went together. It was all so long ago, I could barely remember details. All I could ever remember was the day we got separated.

He got out the car, I followed behind.

He walked down the boot, opened it. Handing me a small, slightly heavy bag. I grabbed it. He took out a small mat. Shutting the boot again.