Chapter forty-one

Stephano seemed a bit pissed after our encounter yesterday morning. I silently prayed it was over something else. He texted me saying I should be ready by 10pm, he was going out. I didn't know where he planned on going and I didn't want to ask so I grabbed a pair of dark jeans, a black blouse that I hid under a black leather jacket and a pair of boots. I packed my hair in a high ponytail, I opened my drawer, pulling out a gun and a pen knife and putting them in the weapon belt I wore around my waist. I took a look at the mirror, I looked bad ass and I loved it. I walked out of my room, it was 9:45pm so I went out to wait for Stephano by the car. I leaned on the car, staring into space as I waited for him. It wasn't long before he came out, he was wearing a button up shirt tucked into his black pants and the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up, he left a few bottons of his shirt open so I could see some tattoos peeking out. His hair was really ruffled like he had been running his hands through them a lot and he looked like he was losing sleep.

"Good evening, boss." I greeted as he walked towards me. He gave me a small, genuine smile.

"Good evening, Ariana."

He had no idea, but that small smile of his really warmed up my heart and I felt a bit relaxed, my heart has been up since yesterday morning seeing he was worked up.

We got into the car and he drove out of the compound. I didn't think I was very surprised when he pulled up in front of a club. We got out of the car with me walking behind me as we got in swiftly. There was music blaring and people rubbing their bodies on each other and the air was filled with the smell of alcohol, and sex. Stephano walked up to the bar and took a seat, I took one beside him. He ordered for something I didn't hear through the noise. It was poured into a glass for him and he gulped it down, another was poured and he handed to me, his tired eyes urging me to take a drink. I shook my head at him, turning away. I felt his hand grab me and pull me close suddenly, I could smell his cologne, it was a delicious smell. Our bodies were touching as he lowered his mouth to my ear and spoke.

"Drink it kitten, I know you haven't been alright since you came back from the warehouse."

I leaned towards his ear too, replying. "Neither have you."

He smiled, showing me his perfectly white teeth before he lowered his lips to my ear again. "But this will make us forget, only for a while but it will be a while at least."

"Someone needs to drive, and I need to protect your ass." I replied before leaning away. He shrugged, gulping the contents of the glass down for himself. I kept my eyes on him and on the people around us, doing my job.

He pulled me close again suddenly. "You never rewarded me for saving your ass yesterday." I could hear the grin in his voice.

"Oh, I thought you were just a knight in shining amour that came to save me, who won't ask for a reward." I replied.

"Well, all the knights in shining armour I have heard of at least got a kiss from the damsel if not her heart." He countered. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I will be waiting for mine." He added.

"Well, you will wait forever." I retorted. He smirked, before letting me go and gulping down another glass.

This time I leaned towards him myself.
"Here comes the kiss huh?" He smirked, his voice was low and husky, his eyes were somewhat hazy.

"You wish. Why are you so worked up Stephano?" I asked. "Is it because of my question yesterday? I didn't know it was a sensitive topic for you."

He chuckled lightly. "No kitten, it's something else. Something I need an escape from."

"Well you better escape fast, you look like hell since yesterday."

"Oh, kitten." He brought his fingers to my face, holding my jaw softly. "A kiss from you is all the escape I need from this cruel world, a moment of bliss." A sly smile was on his face as he looked into my eyes. That husky tone of his did things to my body I couldn't quite decipher. I leaned away, having no response. I was starting to feel hot and bothered, this is not good. He was about to grab the next glass when I beat him at it, I gulped it, feeling the burn.

No Ariana, you cannot drink! This guy is a total mess when he is drunk. Who would protect who?

I listened to the warning bells in my head and looked away from Stephano's grinning face.

Stephano once again pulled me towards him. "Look at that girl over there." He motioned to a girl on the dance floor, she was wearing a short silver gown that stopped right below her ass, it also showed off a lot of her cleavage and her messy hair was out and wild. She had a sexy smile on her face as she danced, she was looking at Stephano.

"Do you think you can protect me from her sexy stares?" He asked.

"Well I am your bodyguard Stephano, but I don't think I am your dickguard." I retorted.

"You saying dick like that in my ear kitten, it does things to me you know... Dirty things." He chuckled, his hazy eyes staring into mine. This man will be the death of me.

"If you're horny Stephano, go get laid, I am not going to stop you." Though it felt kinda painful coming out of my mouth, but I said it. I couldn't be feeling things for Stephano.

"I am horny alright, but it's that witty mouth of yours I want on me kitten." He replied. I took a deep breath before leaning away from him, his eyes dropped to my lips and he licked his lips with his sexy smirk still on and he gave me a wink. Oh Lord.

"Tsk." I turned to Stephano just before he pulled me close again. "I remember that night I saw you at the bar with Sophia and Stephanie, I didn't know you had a crazy side Kitten. I want to see it again, it drove me oh so crazy to see you rubbing that cute ass of yours over some guy's crotch whereas you wouldn't even dance with me the day I asked you because it's not in your job description."

"So you are saying you want to watch me rock a guy again?" I asked, knowing fully well that's not what he meant.

He frowned. "Fuck no, I am saying I want you to rock me."

I mentally face palmed myself. "No. I am not doing that Stephano."

"Why not kitten? Why do you resist me so much?" He asked.

"We are playing a dangerous game here Stephano, and you know it. We can't be together." It sounded like a plea.

"So you are saying... You want me but because of the mafia shit and you being my bodyguard, you are resisting." He smirked.

This time, I really face palmed myself. "You need to drink less often."

"Will you be surprised if I tell you I am not drunk yet?" He asked.

"I wouldn't believe that, look at your eyes, they are hazy."

"Oh, but they are hazy with desire for you kitten. I have never seen a woman like you. Though I have been with many women, you are so fiery, strong and determined.... I like that."

He was really getting to me at this point and I couldn't let that happen, no matter how hard I tried to deny or resist it, Stephano's words and eyes were having a maddening effect on my body, but I couldn't let it.

"And you know what else, you have so much control over your desires, you have been resisting me for so long. No one has ever done that, especially when I am giving a free ticket."

Oh, only if he knew how hot I was for him right now. I mentally face palmed myself at my thoughts. I squeezed my eyes shut for a brief moment before snapping them open again and pulling away from Stephano. This guy....