chapter nine

Stephano strode carefully in front of me. I followed behind, moving through the crowd and rubbing skin on some people. They were dancing at this point, some music blarring loudly.
We were at the exit now. Stephano's foot was already out when I turned around, I saw a man following quickly behind us, his hard, dark eyes caught mine in a determined stare, putting his hand into his pants pocket. He pulled out a gun.
I went low, dashed out the door as I heard the gunshot, I heard screams come from the hall. Some people ran out. Holding their head with the two hands. Amidst the commotion and noise, I felt Stephano grab my hand pulling me along with him as he ran, his short straight hair whipped to the side with every turn of his head as he scanned everywhere. He let my hand go as we got to the car. I opened the front door, getting in and slamming the door shut. Stephano quickly started the car, reversing and speedily driving out of the place.

He kept glancing at the rear mirror to see if we were being followed. His lips slightly agape as he breathed through them.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"Once I am sure we aren't being followed, I will drive us to the hotel, pick up our things and get back home." He answered calmly like we weren't attacked a few minutes ago, he said it swiftly and carefreely.

I nodded silently, seeing it seemed he was used to this and seemed to even expect the attack.

"I don't mean to  intrude but, What is going on?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"We have something they want." He answered.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"A deal with the Russian mafia." He answered.

I kept quiet, I didn't expect him to even tell me that much, but he did. Pushing further might anger him.

We drove to the hotel. I got off as Stephano did, slamming the door shut. The gown trailed behind me as we walked in.

I sighed as Stephano opened the door to the room, I followed in behind him. Shutting the door behind me.

Stephano unbottoned his suit jacket, pulling it off and laying it on the bed. He rolled the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows and ran his hand roughly through his hair.

He turned to me, rubbing his neck.

I creased my brows in worry a little.

"What?" He asked, raising a brow.

"The buttons." I groaned.

"Oh. Turn around." He rubbed his palms together.

I spun on my heels nervously, I didn't want him looking at my scars again, but I had no choice.

His hand came up to my back, starting from the button at the top. I tried not to seem tense, and I clasped my palms in front of me and squeezed my eyes shut tightly and opened them again.

His hands went slowly, opening the buttons. Again, I felt his eyes on my bare back.

"How did you get it?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter." I answered quickly.

"The tattoos. How did you get it?" He asked again.

"Nothing that should concern you." I spat angrily. I hated talking about the tats.

His hands grabbed my waist, spinning me quickly, he pushed me to the wall, grabbing my hands and pinning them each to the side of my head.

His ocean blue eyes starred down at mine.
He had a natural masculine scent, enticing and seductive.

"Gattina, I have warned you, watch that mouth of yours. I do not appreciate your smart mouth." His eyes gazed towards my lips, lingering a little and shooting back up my eyes.

He loosened his grip, letting me go and spinning me. He quietly continued to unbotton my gown.

"I don't think its safe here. We gotta leave now." He spoke.

As soon as the sentence left his lips, a knock came on the door.

We both froze, my eyes widened and my heart thumped.

The knock came again.
"Grab a gun." Stephano whispered. I quickly picked my gun and knife from the couch.

"Stand behind the door." He said.

I walked slowly behind the door.

Stephano grabbed a gun, standing at the other side of the door.

The door was pushed opened. I braced myself, pointing my gun through the small space between door and the door post. It was a man in a suit.

"The Don sent me. You need to leave town now."

The voice was gruff, strong and monotone.

___**___**__*__

AN: sorry for late and unfrequent updates, and the short chap. Going through exams and a little lost too.😁