Chapter eight

The light coming in from the open window stung my eyes. I covered my face with my palm and groaned. I brought my legs down from the small couch. My body ached from squeezing into the small thing. I yawned slowly, stretching my arms and squeezing my eyes shut tightly. I sat on the couch, examining my sorroundings.
I gasped as I turned to a fully awake Stephano seating in the bed and starring at me carefully, his ocean blue eyes not leaving my face. His arms were folded and made me notice his bulging muscles more. He had taken off his suit jacket and was in just a black T shirt and his black pants. His hair was kinda messy, he looked stern, angry even.

"Good morning boss." I spoke slowly. Worried about how I look, my eyes would probably be a little red and my hair messy.

"What the hell went down last night?" His cold stern voice asked.

"Oh... Nothing much except for you drinking your ass off, getting rocked by a girl and almost being shot leading me to rescue your ass and drive us here under your father's commands." I ranted quickly. I was a little pissed as I remembered what happened last night.
Pissed at his fucking careless ass.

He scrunched his brows and looked towards the ceiling thoughtfully.

"I remember a little...Not much." He spoke.

I stood up, arching my spine and hearing my bone snap a bit.

"Why did you sleep on the couch?" He asked.

"There was nowhere else, the floor would be rather cold." I answered neutrally.

"You didn't think the bed would be big enough for two?" He asked dumbfoundedly, raising a brow.

"I didn't think it will be appropriate to share a bed with my boss." I answered.

He didn't respond for a while.

"What did my father specifically ask you to do?" He asked.

"He asked me to drive here, stay here and wait for his next commands."

"He didn't say why?"

"No he didn't. Just said it's safer here."

He sighed, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Did you get hurt from last night?"

"No, I am alright." I answered calmly, "do you know who could have attacked us and why?"

"Probably." He answered in monotone.

"What would you like to eat boss?"

"You decide." He answered standing from the bed and walking into the bathroom.

_____________________________

"You can't leave boss." I starred neutrally into Stephano's eyes, I stood at the door, his tall figure loomed above me, causing me to lift my head a bit to stare at him.

"You don't tell me what to do kitten, get away from the door." He answered cooly.

"I was hired to protect you, your father would have me skinned. At least let me do my job." I answered.

"What do you think? I am some little kid or spoilt teenager. Do I look to you like I can't protect myself? Only my father knows why he got me a bodyguard, and such a pesky one at that." He replied.

"What?!" I gasped angrily, "pesky? Well Mr. I don't need protection, you are the one who drunk your ass off last night and got us here, who saved your ass? I did. I didn't get a thank you for that though but I am not asking for one, you didn't ask for a bodyguard but you got one anyway and that hadn't changed so..." I was blabbing now, Stephano's eyes darkened slightly, he put both his arms to the wall, trapping me there and leaving me so close to him with no escape. He starred deep into my brown eyes.