Chapter forty-four

I stood in the bathroom, not knowing what to do. I was totally flushed at this point, I was panting and I was still a bit hazy from the make out. I shut my eyes, taking a deep breath before turning the handle and walking back into the room. Stephano was lying on the bed, I couldn't tell if he was awake as he was facing away from me. He had cleared the food and the bags were in a corner and he had put his laptop on the desk by the wall. I walked softly towards my bag, not wanting to wake him up if he was asleep. I had been in the bathroom for over thirty minutes. I stooped to grab a jean jacket from my bag, I put it on before turning around and hopping unto the bed, I did my best to stay as far away from Stephano as possible by laying near the edge.

I closed my eyes, playing the incidents of the last hour in my mind. I blushed deeply and sighed. I hummed before forcing myself to sleep. And just as I sank into sleep I heard him whisper I am sorry, kitten. The voice was so light I couldn't tell if it was all part of the naughty dream I had.

I woke up with Stephano nowhere to be found. The only thing I saw was a note on the desk that said Brb.
I sighed, taking off my jacket and hopping into the shower, I kept it in my mind to call Stephanie later and ask about the flight. I put on a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt then I sat on the bed, picking up the book again to finish off.

Unknown P. O. V

"We need you to deliver the sample as soon as possible, Agent." The monotone voice across the line spoke.

"I am not sure how soon I will be able to deliver it." I replied in the same tone, starring out the open window with the bottle in my hand.

"All you have is today, there is no time to waste. You need to get it to us today, make it possible and make it happen."

I lifted up my hand, starring at the green fluid in the bottle.

"I will do my best, Sir."

Ariana's P. O. V

About an hour later, the door creaked open and Stephano walked in with dark jeans and a white button up shirt. He gave me a small smile as our eyes met, I returned it genuinely.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think so."

"We are going home now."

I nodded my head understandingly before getting off the bed and going to pack all my things into one bag. We checked out of the hotel and got into the car with Stephano driving, we were driving silently and I stared out the window in deep thought.

His phone rung and he picked it hurriedly.

"Yes?" He answered blankly.

I heard a voice in the background but I couldn't quite hear what was being said but soon I felt Stephano tense beside me and the car came to a stop as he hung up.

He turned to me, his face stoic. "The house has been attacked."

I gasped, "Howcome?"

"I dunno. But it isn't safe to go back. They didn't damage much though." He ignited the car again.

"So what are we gonna do?" I asked.

"We stay in the hotel till the deal is cut. I am going to drive to the grocery store so you can pick whatever you may need during this time." He replied curtly.

"How long is it?" I asked.

"Three days." He replied.

I nodded my head in understanding as we began driving again. He pulled up in front of the grocery store. He agreed to wait in the car while I go grab some stuff, he handed me his card and I walked into the store, with nothing much mind.
I walked around the store with my basket, not sure what I should get. I decided to grab some fruit juice, snacks, Nutella and some edible stuff.

I looked up from my cart and I saw him. The man was walking around with a cart too. He was wearing a black coat and his neutral eyes were glued to me as he pushed his cart toward me. I put my hand in my pocket, pulling out the bottle, I didn't bother to look at it as the man approached. I kept my eyes on him and he moved his coat to the side as he approached, showing me his ID. I nodded my head stiffly before throwing the bottle into his cart and pushing mine away hurriedly. I paid for the stuff and carried the bags, joining Stephano in the car.

I threw the bags into the backseat and hopped in beside him as we drove away. I couldn't contain myself, I kept glancing at him as we drove. I couldn't understand what it was I felt anymore. About Stephano, about the deal, about the mafia, about my job, about my identity. I hated to feel I ws getting deeply attracted to this man. I couldn't risk it, I couldn't let myself fall for him or get attached to him, it will compromise my plans. It will make everything a whole lot harder than I wanted it to be.

"Have you called your family yet?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded softly. "They all miss you."

I smiled softly. "I miss them too. When is Sophia due?"

"I will ask when next we speak." He answered. I nodded my head. Turning to the window again. I didn't know how to act around Stephano anymore, I need to avoid him to keep my feelings in check.

"About last night..." He begun.

"We don't have to talk about it." I interrupted.

"I don't see you as a whore or something to pass my time with Ariana." He kept his eyes on the road as he spoke.

I fiddled nervously with my fingers, he didn't say anything else after that. And I didn't know what to say either. At this point I knew clearly that I had feelings for Stephano already and there was no denying it, but I cannot show it. I cannot risk an affair getting in the middle of my job. I had to push down whatever it is I feel for Stephano, until I feel it no more. It sure was going to be a hard task, I knew that the moment I glanced at him and he was already staring at me with an expression I couldn't quite decipher. Those lovely eyes of his would always capture me.

"What's going to happen after your father cuts the deal with the Russian mafia?" I dared to ask.

He turned away from me, he sighed and chewed his lower lip.

"I am not sure I know."

I nodded my head. "Will you go to stay with your family?"

"I am not sure I know." He repeated.

I turned my eyes away from him, turning to the window. I knew deep down, it didn't matter what his plans for himself after the deal were, cause they were all going to change after the deal was cut..... If he survives.

A/N: I have not been too well lately and it has totally been affecting my writing. Hopefully I would be completely alright by tomorrow and work on finishing this as soon as possible. And I hope you have started connecting dots already on this unknown P. O. V. 😁