Chapter One

I kept a stoic face starring at the most dangerous mafia boss yet. Don. Stollo.
The extremely handsome man was probably in his mid forties but he had deeply dark brown wavy hair and left some stubble on his jaw. There were sprinkles of grey hair, here and there. His icy blue eyes had a very slight hint of crinkles.

"I love seeing women with your kind of confidence and charisma." He smiled a bit, his thin pink lips moving slightly. "Reminds me of my late wife."

I returned his statement with a small smile not knowing how to reply him but I did say a light thank you.

"But you do know where you are don't you? This is the Mafia, things aren't that simple here." He said putting a cigerate to his lips and lighting it.

"I am very well aware Sir. And I am willing to pledge my loyalty by any means possible." I answered, "though I did think risking my life for your daughter will do the job. Russo already did background check on me. I have had a small whiff of this kind of business before. I was in a trafficking ring for five years and I was used to smuggle drugs and other illegal things. Sometimes I was used as spy."

The man eyed me carefully, searching my eyes and my face. "I do know all that. Tell me why you want to join my Mafia." He spoke.

"I need the money and need to put my skills to use somewhere and I could think of no better place." I replied.

"Fine then. I will let you join, for the sake of my daughter who wants to do you a favor and your connections too more importantly. But make one mistake or give me a reason to be suspicious, and under a second I will wipe everything about you from existence." He didn't make a stern face as he threatened me, it flowed out of his lips the same way a greeting would. But looking into the deadly cold of his ice blue eyes. I knew he meant every bit of it, he could do terrible things to anyone.

"You will get the mark and everything else." He stood from his seat. I stood too, quickly. "But... I will make you a bodyguard. To my son, Stephano, if you can handle him."

"Thank you Sir. I won't fail you." I bowed my head.

"Only a fool would." He answered, letting some smoke out of his agape lips.

"Fox. Get me Stephano." He spoke to the man in black with a gun standing at the door all this while. He left the room hastily. In a minute, he was back with a young man.

"Stephano, get over here."

I watched the spitting image of Stollo walk towards us. He wore a black shirt and jean pants. I could see his several tattoos peeking from all directions. His arms, his neck, all covered in tats. His jawline was peferct, his features very defined, from his plump lips to his straight nose and deep blue eyes. Unlike his father's icy blue eyes, he had ocean blue eyes that threatened to drown anyone. Looking at the tall muscular figure, I just couldn't figure out why someone this built and terrifying would need a bodyguard or a much smaller one like me for that matter.

"Stephano. Meet Ariana, your new bodyguard." His Italian accent was very obvious to me at this point. I oddly loved the way my name sounded in his accent.

I watched Stephano's face morph into one of confusion and mockery as he glanced at me. His eyes moved from my feet covered by black leather boots to my black leggings and black leather jacket. I was a 5'4. This man was at last a good 6'4. I was rather curvy and didn't look very strong but that was it about me, people underestimate me a lot looking at me and that makes me get the upper hand and surprise attack.

"Her?" Was his question as his eyes met with mine.

"Her." His father replied with the same one word.

"First off, you do know peferctly well that I don't need a bodyguard father, and second, definitely not a woman. And third that I would gladly accept her as my personal whore instead of this... This is ridiculous." He said in the same strong Italian accent his father had. He said it blandly like he didn't just make such a raw sexual comment about me right to my face, he remained emotionless and his eyes unreadable.

I found myself clenching my fists in anger as this man stripped me with his eyes.

"That is your punishment Stephano. I knew it will hurt your pride having a Bodyguard and a woman at that." His father said carelessly, walking out from his desk and smoking still.

"She will be starting duty from now and she will follow you everywhere. She will have the room beside yours."

"Everywhere?" Stephano cocked his eyebrows, his face plain and stern almost looked angry. That was how he looked since he stepped in and I found myself wondering if it's his normal facial expression.

His father didn't answer as he left , the other man following quickly behind him.

Me and Stephano stood alone in the room, starring at each other. I knew any woman would be willing to give it all for a night in this devil's bed. He almost looked inhumanly handsome. His shoulders were wide, and strong his huge biceps were bulging and I felt his intimidating aura radiating throughout the room.

He started to take slow strides towards me. His eyes never leaving mine. I stood still and unmoving even as he came so close to me, so close we were almost touching but still not touching.

His eyes glanced down to my body and back up my eyes and he smirked.

"What is your name pretty thing?" He asked.

"Ariana Walkers." I answered with an emotionless face, "definitely not pretty thing."

"Well I am Stephano, you must say it in full, no abbreviations." He ordered, his face stern to show he is serious.

I gave a slight nod.

"If you are going to work for me Ariana, there is going to be some rules, I am not to be taken for granted you know."

And as I looked into the eyes of this very intimadating, muscular god, I knew I had better not mess with him.

"Yes boss."