Chapter ten

I starred out the window as we drove in silence. We were headed away from the arena. According to Stollo, we were changing locations in favour of the situation.
Stephano sat beside me, clicking away at his phone. He was in a navy blue suit. His hair was tousled and he looked more relaxed than I have seen him look since I started.
He was calm and I didn't feel the air of coldness and the stern look on his face. I looked away from him and back out the window. We barely packed anything, I only picked a few personal belongings. I was told there was no need to pack anything. Stephano didn't pick anything at all. And it didn't seem like we will be returning anytime soon.

After about three hours of a silent ride, the car slowed down arriving at a white and black  mansion. The walls were white and the roof was black and a few black specks on the walls.

The gates were opened almost immediately the driver honked.

We drove in and I saw a small smile appear on Stephano's face from the corner of my eyes.

As the car came to a halt. He immediately hopped out. I came out too. I stretched my legs and arched my back. Wasn't a fan of journeys.

I looked at the environment, there were flowers planted in front of the building.

An old woman walked out. Her completely grey hair was short and her dark blue eyes glowed with joy as she gazed at Stephano. She wore a dark blue gown and slippers. Her spine was straight and she was rather plump and chubby, yet short. Her skin was pale with too, and her thin glossy lips were parted into very healthy teeth.

Stephano walked up to her with the same joy in his eyes. He spreadth his arms, embracing her warmly. She was visibly shorter than him and he wrapped his arms around her like she was a big teddy bear.

"Welcome my dear." She smiled at him. She whipped her head to me as I walked up to them slowly.

Her smile faded and her brows creased, her eyes squinting as if to be sure she saw me.

"Figlio, chi è lei? le somiglia moltissimo. È quasi inquietante?" She spoke in Italian to Stephano.

(Son, who is she? She looks a lot like her. It's almost eerie.)

"Good evening ma'am." I greeted.

She nodded her head slowly. Her demeanor strange and almost unwelcoming.

"Ma, she is my Bodyguard." Stephano whined, I realized at that moment that he must be grandma's favourite.

She let out a hard laugh. "You big baby!"

"It was your son's idea." He frowned.

"She does look pretty fierce though. I hope you haven't been on her ass lately?" She joked.

Stephano grinned wordlessly.

I smiled, unsure of how to react or what she meant.

"Come on in child. I know you must have a lot of protecting to do when it comes to Stephano." She ushered us into the house.

The place was nice and I could smell something delicious. The walls retained their white and black patterns and had a few paintings on.

"Stephanie!" Grandma called as we walked in.

Almost immediately. A young girl came bouncing down the stairs, a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Hey jerk." She said casually to Stephano. She wore black knee length jeans. And her blue sleeves had black stripes. Her hair was long and black. Her black eyes were round. She had an oval face and plump lips. She was beautiful.