Chapter thirty-three

Stephano pulled up in front of a five star hotel, he put his hand into his pocket and handed me a tiny circular device. I opened my palm and he dropped it in. I looked at him expectantly, waiting for his explanation.

"It's a tracker." He explained, he swiped his phone's screen, showing me a picture of a middle aged man. "His name is Antonio, he is one of the biggest drug Lords in the city. All I need you to do is find a way to put this on him." He pointed at the tiny device in my hand. "Once you have done so, head for the exit."

We walked into the huge hall where similarly dressed ladies and gents talked, giggled and waiters passed drinks around. I almost didn't notice when Stephano left my side, I took a deep breath, trying not to look suspicious. I grabbed a glass of wine from the tray the waiter passing by held, I sipped it slowly  walking through the classy people and their classy giggles as they discussed mundane things.
My heart beat became louder as my eyes settled on the man I was looking for. He was wearing a suit like every other man in the room, he was talking to two men with his hands in his pocket. His light brown hair which was nearly combed back glistened with gel, I could see a small tattoo near his ear and several tattoos like writings crawling up his neck and stopping below his jaw. I took a deep breath after dropping the glass in the tray, then I began my journey towards him, the sound of soft music and people chattering softly around my was enough to drown the sound of my heels clicking on the tiles. I was finally standing behind my target, with one more deep breath, I tapped his shoulder. His head turned sharply, and a small smile broke out on his face.
I gave him a sly smile. "Would you like to dance?"

His smile broadened before he took my hand in his and led me away.  He brought his other hand  to my waist and I brought mine to his shoulder, secretly pinning the device to the collar of his shirt.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked.

"No." I replied, faking shyness by lowering my gaze with a small smile.

"Well I am Antonio."

"And I am Jade." I lied.

"Well Jade, would you like to go get some fresh air with me?"

I almost frowned, it's barely been thirty seconds.

"Oh I would love to Mr. Antonio," I smiled, "but I just remembered, I have something important to get to. I will see you soon." I took my hand off him, stepping out of his grip.

He frowned lightly but nodded with a small smile. "Of course."

I thanked the Heavens he didn't push it too far. I turned, walking towards the exit. I felt a hand grab mine and for some reason I didn't need to turn to know if was Stephano.

"There has been a slight change in plans." He smiled nervously. "He is in possession of something we are looking for and it's on him right now, so I need you to get him outside."

I gave him a sharp stare, "do I get a raise for this?"

"Of course."

I frowned lightly before I turned and began walking back inside. I scanned the area, I found the man again, I walked towards him tentatively, he was talking to a man whose right arm was wrapped around a smiling young lady. I sighed before tapping his shoulder again, I smiled broadly again.

"Mr. Antonio, how about that fresh air you talked about?"

Crinkles formed at the edge of his eyes as he smiled. He hooked his arm in mine before leading me out.

He had brought me to a garden and he kept glancing at my face as he rambled about something I wasn't listening to, something about his ex-girlfriend. I gave him occasional fake smiles and brisk nods of my head as I hoped Stephano would soon interfere.
As he put his arm around my waist and starting caressing me through my clothes, I knew this was going too far and there was no easy way out.

It wasn't until I heard him talk about his very vivid sexual affair with a young girl that my ears perk up and I realized this guy might just be more than a little bit crazy. I smiled nervously as he pulled me closer to him and his gaze shifted downwards to my exposed leg. If Stephano doesn't show up in five seconds, I am so kneeing this man and running off. And just like that, I felt Stephano's presence and in the next second, I heard a thud before the man's eye fluttered and he fell to the ground.
Stephano stooped, searching the man's pockets for something, he eventually found it and stood straight, he grinned down at me.

"You really good at this stuff aren't you?" He joked.

I rolled my eyes, truth is, while I was in the ring they made us do all sorts of nasty things and dirty work. Lie, deceive and trick people too.

He opened the small box lightly and looked into it before he turned to me.

"Let's go kitten."

It wasn't up to three minutes when we left the that I noticed we were being followed.

"Stephano, we are being followed." I whispered.

"I noticed." He sighed.

He started accelerating, I could tell it was around 10:30pm and the streets were dark only a few cars drove by. Stephano started to take several turns, the car behind us followed, hot on our heels. I kept glancing backwards as Stephano's eyes remained on the road, I fell towards the window as he made a sharp turn at such high speed.

"Stephano." My eyes widened, watching from the side mirror, "they just pulled out a gun."

"Well, fuck." He sighed, his face looking so unbothered.

Seconds later, I heard the gunshots, Stephano quickly swerved the car. I ducked, just in case. The car was getting pretty close.

"Are you gonna fire back or you will  rather drive?" He quipped.

I raised a part of my gown, quickly getting out the gun I hid beneath it. The man who fired still had his upper half out the window of their car, aiming at us. I fired two shots at him before quickly retracting.

I looked at the side mirror, I got his arm but he was still firing. The next shot hit the glass of the back seat, they were beside us . We ducked as the sound of glass shattering and pieces flying was heard. Stephano swerved again, driving faster and swerving into the next street.

"You know what, why don't you drive?" Stephano was already pulling out a gun from his pocket.

My eyes widened, "are you gonna pull up?"

"No, just cross your legs over here, move towards the door and hold the steering while I move away." He ordered.

I swung my legs over, obeying his instructions. He held the steering with his left as I crossed before switching to the right when I sat on his lap by the door and controlled the steering.

He moved out, crossing towards the passenger seat.

"Step on it." He ordered, "and swerve, don't move in a straight line."

"Ok." I breathed, doing as he said.

I kept glancing at the side mirror to see if we were losing them, but we weren't, they were only a few metres behind and were closing in quickly.

They fired continuously, Stephano put his hand out and fired back, the gunshots stopped coming from them and I glanced at the mirror to see Stephano had shot the man. In barely a few seconds, their car was right behind us, they bumped the car from behind, we fell forward, causing me to almost lose control of the steering. Soon they were beside us, our eyes met with the bald driver who grinned mischievously at us for a second. We didn't realize someone was in the back seat until he poked his head out and shot our Tyre.

"Shit." I heard Stephano groan. As the car moved ahead, quickly swerving and obstructing the road ahead.

"Don't stop." Stephano ordered, I nodded my head, stepping feet on the accelerator while Stephano started firing at them.