Part 23.

It was time for the ceremony, Harry and I would need to discuss this later on, because there is still so much I need to explain to him.

I hate that for the last month he has felt guilty for me getting shot. I also come to realise that, Harry and I haven't done anything affectionate toward one another in that month, sure we have held hands and it's all still been very cute in a flirty sort of way, but Harry hasn't kissed me. Fair play that I haven't kissed him either, but I didn't really think too much of it. Now knowing that he feels guilty for my sexuality, I wondered if he was keeping his distance from me romantically because of that.

And that's not what I want at all. If anything, this whole situation has made me realise how much I wan't Harry in my life. Everything that has been thrown at us in the past 2 months has put us to all the tests of a relationship. And we have overcome them all. Harry is my person, I believe that more and more every day.

As we enter into hall, Niall is nowhere to be seen. Harry and I wanted to sit with him, but we couldn't find him when we glanced around the hall. The happy-go-lucky Irish boy that showed me around the school that first day has been non existent these past few weeks, I don't blame him, I just don't know how to help him.

Harry and I take our seats toward the back of the hall next to Zayn, Carter is along the same row and makes a desperate plea eye contact at us as we sit down. I guess as a friend of Isaacs he almost feels, I don't know, guilty, in some way. But he shouldn't. I offer him a friendly grin and wave at him, showing his features relax a little as he nods and waves back.

"Hey fella's you made it" Zayn announces as we take our seats.

"Yeah, Matron wanted to see us, apparently Isaac's family is coming." I fill him in.

His face drops. "No fucking way!" He whisper shouts.

I nod my head in agreement. "Yeah, and get this. He has two dads, like they are together."

His jaw hits the floor. "You're fucking kidding me!"

I shake my head with a small smirk on my face. Glad we weren't the only ones who found that interesting.

"Thank you everyone for your attendance!" Matron announces from the podium.

Zayn and I sit back in our chairs and I take Harry's hand. He grips mine in exchange and I intertwine our fingers together. I'm glad he responded to it. Gives me hope in our future.

"One month ago, our college community was shocked when one of our students, Isaac Milton, opened fired on our school, to which we sadly lost the lives of Kyle Santorini and Nick Grimshaw." A school photograph of each of the boys is displayed on the big screen behind her. Harry's grip tightens on my hand, i squeeze back and stroke his fingers with mine. I almost forget he is grieving at the same time too.

"We gather here today to remember those victims and celebrate the life and impact they had, on every single person in this room." The lights dim and a slideshow of videos and photographs display on the screen in a montage. Cheerful music playing in the background which ironically, adds more sadness to the situation.

It's obvious the families have contributed to the ceremony as both have lots of videos and photos of when they were younger, embarrassing moments from their childhood and preadolescence. I couldn't help but smile, but feel a deep pit in my stomach about how easily I could have been those pictures on the screen. How quickly a life can be taken from you. Sometimes, almost always, way too early.

I feel Zayn nudge my arm and gesture his head behind us, I turn and see Niall standing in the doorframe, starring up at the images on the screen. I shift out of my seat quickly and rush back to join him. Placing a hand on his shoulder in comfort. I'm surprised to see Zayn on his other one, where he quickly followed me. Harry's now present by my side, holding my hand. I flip my head around to see Carter, James, Michael, Lucas, Fionn, Tyler, Ruben and Zander all filing in behind us. Standing with Niall. Together.