Part 1

"Louis William Tomlinson, how many times have we had this conversation? When are you going to grow up and realise that the world does not revolve around you? People are getting hurt by your actions, there are consequences Louis for what you are doing. When are you going to realise?"

I hear mum screaming at me from across the other side of the kitchen as she reads the letter sent home to her by my teacher. I was in another fight, and apparently flunking another class, didn't know about that one, but apparently, turning up to mathematics is a requirement. It isn't just enough to pass the quizzes, they want you to attend as well, it's a joke.

"He had it coming mum, he was being an ass" I fight back, there's no way I was not going to let some kid think he would have one over on me.

"Louis, he was on the opposition, it's his job to steal the ball from you. Doesn't mean you have to break his nose!" she shouts.

She was right about that, we had a game against St. Peters Colligate, winner was to make it into the semi finals. We had no choice but to win. But their striker, Liam, was a grade A dick. Every time we had to play St. Peters Colligate, I hated the fact I had to see him. He was a hell of a player, don't get me wrong, the lad had some mad skills on him, and I did like that I actually had competition when it came to playing the game, but he was dirty player.

"I'm sure I didn't actually break his nose" I defend, rolling my eyes at her being overly dramatic about the situation.

"Louis, I don't care if you pulled a single strand from that boys head, it gives you no right to hurt another human, that isn't the way I raised you! You aren't setting a very good example for your sisters, they look up to you, you know?"

I look over at my two younger sisters, Daisy and Phoebe, sitting on the breakfast bar enjoying their afternoon tea, watching the show down been mum and I. I had 2 other sisters as well, Lottie and Fizz, both younger than me. I offer a friendly smile to the both of them as they bit down on their peanut butter sandwiches in sync.

"I'm sorry" I said with a dry tone, not really meaning my apology. But knowing I had to say it anyway.

"I can't handle it anymore, Louis. I don't know what to do anymore" she sobs. I can see that she is exhausted, and obviously I feel bad, but I know what I am doing. And Liam took a cheap shot, so I made him pay, all is fair in love and war. And with the whole class flunking thing, yeah alright, I'll try and attend some classes, but I'm not doing anything to mum.

"I'll fix my grades mum I promise" I sigh.

She looks up and me with distance in her eyes, "It's not just the grades Lou. Or the fighting. Your always out with your friends, your drinking, smoking, your never home and when you are you keep yourself locked in your room. You have no aspirations. You don't lift a finger around here to help anyone, you just care about you, and I'm tired of it. I'm done"

I stare at her confused. "What are you saying?"

"Campbell College said they would be delighted to have you Louis" she sighed.

My blood boiled. "What the fuck? Boarding School!" I shout.

"I don't know what else to do for you Louis. I'm out of options." she mumbled.

"So you're shipping me off to a fucking boarding school?" I snapped.

"It's a fantastic school for boys, they have such a great program, I think you'll love it" I could see her hand placed upon a brochure that was on the kitchen bench. She was serious.

"For boys! You've got to be kidding me?" I bellowed.

"Louis, you're going! This isn't up for discussion, you'll be finishing your schooling over there and then hopefully you'll have a better direction for your future." she ordered. I could tell in her tone just how serious she was about this.