TWENTY*

________

CHAPTER TWENTY

Blurring the Lines

________

I DIDN'T OFTEN THINK ABOUT HOW I'D DIE.

After experiencing the heavy holes that grief left behind, I didn't let myself wonder about who would feel the gap of my absence should I have died.

I didn't let myself think about how I'd go, either. I knew how I wanted to go: in a blaze of glory. Perhaps protecting a child, or saving the galaxy. Something that they'd write legendary stories about. Something that would allow my legacy to live on for millennia.

When I got called to Vader's office the day after the incident with Aim, I accepted that I was about to die.

Maybe he'd call me a traitor and stab me in the chest like he did to Katarin. Maybe he'd choke me to death and grant me one last moment of fun. Maybe he wouldn't even bother touching me, and he'd just snap my neck with the Force the second I stepped into his office.

"Always the overthinker," He commented as I sat opposite him, twiddling my fingers.

"I have a lot to think about," I replied nimbly, trying to stop my leg from its incessant bouncing.

His mask was off, which only scared me more. This way, I'd see the coldness in his eyes as he stole my last breath. He was also in plainclothes rather than his suit, which was a rare sight. His outfit was reminiscent of the office workers I had seen back on Alderaan, but Vader looked a lot more casual - and a lot sexier - than them. "I overheard something interesting."

Acting unaffected by his words, I raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

Vader nodded, his mask sitting on the desk in front of him like a foreboding reminder of who he was. "Though I do my best to avoid the whispers of gossip amongst my soldiers, you can understand that when I heard your name, I listened in," He began, his eyes training on mine. "'You should have heard the noises she made.' Your little trooper has been very excited, Kyda-Sin."

I winced. Fucking Aim. How dare he have told anyone about what we did?

"I would've liked to know that you're sleeping with other people," Vader said calmly, sitting back in his chair.

"I'm not," I said, my hands clenching into fists. "It was a moment of weakness. And I'll be damned if I let it happen again." Fucking Aim.

"Admittedly, I was close to detaching his head from his body when I heard the things he was saying about you," He went on to say, before the corner of his lip pulled up slightly. "But I thought I'd do well to speak to you about that, first."

My heart skipped a beat at the idea of him killing Aim, and I shook my head. "Don't hurt him."

"Is it true?" He asked, his tone surprisingly calm yet doing little to relax me. "Did he touch you?"

I knew there was no way he didn't already know the truth, so I didn't bother to lie. "Yes. But only because I let him."

His eye twitched as he leaned back in his chair. "And that fact is supposed to alleviate my burning desire to stop his heartbeat?"

"It should," I said firmly. "Because I wouldn't have let him do anything like that if you hadn't treated me so abysmally."

"You're angry at me," He stated, slight surprise in his tone.