THIRTY-FIVE

________

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Two Stars

________

"ANGEL?"

"Leave me alone!" I yelled with a huff, grateful for the lock on my door.

"Will you please just talk to me?" Noa's muffled voice came through the wood. "I couldn't tell you-"

"Yes, you could've!" I cut him off bitterly. "But you care more about him than me, as always!"

"The only thing I care about is protecting you!" He argued.

I didn't respond for a few minutes, lying with my head on my pillow and sniffling. Suddenly, I heard the lock turn and the door swing open, making me sit up in shock.

"How did you do that?" I asked Noa incredulously. "There's no way to open it from the outside."

"Never mind that," He said calmly, coming over to sit next to me. "Please, don't be angry at me."

"You let him sell Rov-Nevi's things," I muttered with narrow eyes. "All the memories I have with her are gone because of you."

"He needed the money," Noa explained with a pained look. "He could either sell her things to get by, or sell 7-0P. You'd be heartbroken if you lost Sev, you know that."

"I'm heartbroken anyway!" I cried, hitting his shoulder. "I have nothing to remember her by now, besides my memories. It's like she never even existed."

"I'm sorry, Angel," He said with remorse, taking my hands in his. "I did what I thought would be best for you."

Not a single word had left my mouth since Noa's name. Silently, I was sitting on a bed in one of the bedrooms in the cabin while the woman, Ahsoka, applied a balm to my wound. Thankfully, my armor had stopped her from fully amputating the entire limb, but it still hurt horrifically.

I was focusing on a piece of dust on the ground, trying not to let myself process the situation for fear that the onslaught of emotions would cause me to breakdown. After a long silence, she finally spoke, her voice smooth and calmer than before. "Why would you do something so irrational?" She asked, looking up at me. "Why would you save him?"

Gathering that she was talking about my heroic stupidity in sacrificing my shin as Vader's human shield, I frowned. "Because I love him," I answered, as if it was the most obvious thing in the galaxy. And to me, it was.

A knowing look grew on her face and she put the balm down, her eyes on the floor. "I loved him once, too. And now, I regret every single time that I risked my life for him," She revealed, before looking up to meet my gaze. "Have you ever been betrayed by someone you loved?"