THIRTY-THREE*

___________

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

The Stranger

_________

I STRODE DOWN THE HALL, HEELS CLACKING AGAINST THE HARD FLOOR.

The black box in my hands felt heavier with each step, but I was determined to get to my destination without any delay. A trooper perched against the wall stood to attention when he saw me, and I immediately recognized his number.

"Hello, General," Flame greeted, stepping forward. "Please, allow me to help."

I let him take the box from me, continuing with my journey. "Evening, Flame. How have you been?"

"Good," He replied joyously, nudging my arm with his. "And you? We haven't spoken in a while."

"Oh, I've never been better," I told him with a smile.

"Where we going?" He asked, voice muffled through the mask.

"Doesn't matter," I answered curtly. "Just follow me."

The rest of the walk was silent, though not awkward or tense. I appreciated Flame's ability to keep himself from tainting the peace and quiet, but when we entered the darkened corner of the West Wing, he couldn't hold back.

"Uh, are you going to see him?" He asked, the nervousness seeping from his tone.

I didn't answer, because he'd realize for himself soon enough.

The black doors stood tall and daunting, but I was immune to their power of instilling fear. Without so much as knocking, I pushed the doors open, revealing the inside of Vader's personal meeting room. A few Generals, including Rivven, were sitting around the table, each of them taken aback by my sudden presence.

Vader himself was standing at the head of the table, next to a screen which was showing a zoomed in map of the galaxy. I walked further into the room, and Flame apprehensively followed.

"General Damri," Vader said, resting his hands on his hips.

"Vader," I responded with a nod. "I want to speak to you." Looking over at the table, I made brief eye contact with Rivven before looking back at Vader. "Alone."

His head turned to them slightly. "Leave us."

While they got up and left with irritation seeping from their auras, I looked to Flame. "Leave the box here."

"Yes, General," He said, placing the box on the table before saluting and leaving the room behind the others.

"Bold of you," Vader stated, pulling off his mask. "Demanding a private room with me like that."

"What can I say?" I asked with a shrug. "I'm impatient and entitled."

He placed his mask on the table and walked over to stand next to me. Running his gloved fingers over the edges the box, he frowned. "What delightful gift have you brought me, today?"

A small smile pulled at my lips as I opened the box, revealing the contents of it to him. "I did it," I stated simply. "Using the natural acids of the Letali flower, I created a potent bomb. Much more destructive than a Pikk grenade."

He raised a brow, taking the bomb in his hand and picking it up before looking at it from all angles. His eyes met mine, a spark blooming in them. "You did this yourself?"