THIRTY-FOUR

________

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

New Friends, Old Friends

________

"WHY DON'T YOU GIVE UP THE TRICKS AND MAKE THIS A FAIR FIGHT?"

He let out a dark chuckle. "It is not my tricks which are giving me the advantage here. It's the fact that you're a pathetic weakling."

Struggling for breath, I winced. "Then why are you so afraid to let me fight back?"

Huffing, he gave in, dropping me to the ground with a hard thump. He put away his lightsaber while I recovered and got up to my feet. "So," He began with a smirk. "You think you can take me on in combat?"

It wasn't a good idea, that much was clear, but I'd have rather eaten nothing but veg-meat for the rest of my life than let him take me down without putting up a real fight. Taking a deep breath, I pulled back my fist and aimed it for his jaw, but he moved out of the way before I could make contact.

"You're using your magic skills," I grumbled, taking a step backwards. "That isn't very fair."

Ignoring me, he served me with a punch of his own, and I immediately felt the blood rushing from my nose. Grimacing, I took the chance to kick him in the shin, making him grunt in pain. I knew there was no way I was winning this, but I couldn't do myself the disservice of giving up so easily.

He tried to hit me again, but I ducked and head-butted him in the chest, before moving back and kicking him in the stomach. It seemed to heavily impact him, which made me feel a little proud.

His lightsaber on the floor caught my attention out of the corner of my eye, and I couldn't help but look over at it. Something triggered a memory inside my head, and I realized exactly who he was. While I was distracted, he recovered from the pain before grabbing me by the shoulders and throwing me to the ground.

"Wait!" I called out, covering my face with my arms. "I know who you are."

"That's the point of me getting rid of you," He snarled before straddling me and grabbing my head.

"Starkiller," I whispered in a panic. "It's you, isn't it? Vader's apprentice?"

Glaring down at me, he took my head and lifted it up. Before he could smash it against the ground, the door suddenly opened and he was thrown against the wall.

"Galen," Vader seethed, storming over to him. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Without giving him a chance to explain, he lifted Galen by the collars and punched him square in the face, repeating it another three times.

"Vader, stop," I called out weakly before spitting out the blood that had pooled in my mouth. It was no use - he was blinded by his rage, pummelling Galen into the ground. Recalling the way Galen had treated me, I didn't try much harder to get Vader to calm down.

Starkiller's weak cries sounded out, echoing in the office. "I'm sorry, Master," He whimpered feebly. "I- I didn't know who she was."

Vader dropped him to the ground before kicking him in the stomach, making him gag. Looking back at me, his chest heaved through his suit. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, wiping away the blood from my face. His gloved hands clenched into fists and he turned back to Galen, recharged with a new anger. He grabbed him by the throat and smashed him against the wall, causing it to crack.