CHAPTER 39: MEMORIES

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

It has been a month since Jungkook and Taehyung reunited.Nothing could be more perfect for him than his beloved laying on his lap in a perfect breezy afternoon while they're under a huge tree up the hill. Until suddenly a rustling sound startled Taehyung that caused him to jump up from his lap, accidentally hitting him in the jaw.

He caressed his jaw and said: "ouch love, what was that? Are you okay?"

Taehyung didn't answer the question, instead he argued: "Though I should be asking you that, I accidentally hit you. Are YOU okay?"  He reached out for Jungkook's jaw to attempt to soothe the pain.

"Yes yes, love. Now will you kiss this spot to make it better," he teased with a grin. Taehyung hit him playfully and spat: "I ain't doing that Mr Mafia, it's not that bad anyways!"

"Gee, after a couple of years you're still the same Tae I know. You're so-" he was interrupted by him kissing his jaw then a peck on his lips.

Stunned, he asked coyly: "What was that for?" He was met again with a playful jab on his side and he yelped.

"You didn't like the kiss it seems," Taehyung told him. He slid beside him and hugged him.

"What are you talking about, baby?" He cupped his face and continued: "I'd be glad to be kissed by you everyday. And for as long as it can continue to take my breath away." Before Taehyung could say anything, Jungkook sweetly kissed him whilst holding him close. As they pulled away, Taehyung smiled and leaned on him again.

He asked gently, rubbing circles on his back: "Now tell me, what bothered you?"

He looked around then back at him, he explained: "I just thought..I just thought I heard something, that's all."

"Listen here love," he turned his body to make him face him. He reassured him: "No one can possibly stop us from being together. If you're wondering about Jin, he knows that you're a hybrid that can easily shred him to pieces, meanwhile he also knows for a long time that I can brutal in my killings. So please be a darling and relax for me alright?"

Taehyung sighed and laid his head on his lap. A couple hours went by and they decided to go home. After dinner Jungkook had arranged another date, but this time it involved travelling down their memory lane whilst camping inside their room. Asides from their small tent the room was nicely lit with dim yellow lights while pillows scattered in the floor.

"We really had a lot of memories together huh?" Taehyung asked with a huge smile on his face. Jungkook chuckled seeing his bright smile and gave him a kiss on the nose. He held him tightly to his chest
and responded: "Yes, love. Though I have to say, my favourite memory really were the pranks you once made. Remember when you drew on my face? Or when you made me think there was a ghost?"

Taehyung's rich laughter just rang into his ears like a melody unparalleled to any other. He brought his fingers up to his lips and brushed his lips onto them to give them a tender kiss. His beloved simply looked into his eyes. Without hesitation, he told him: "I love your deep laugh, it was always something I loved about you."

"Really? Not my pranks?" Followed by a chuckle, he answered his question: "well, of course. You have quite the unique humour."

Then the evening went on by them spending their time watching a movie together under their "tent". During the movie, Jungkook kept stealing loving glances at Taehyung while for the most part the latter wasn't completely aware of, or at least pretending not to take notice of. This is likely since he would squeeze Jungkook's hand as he would set his eyes on him.

'Man, nothing could make me happier than being with him again. I love him so much.' He thought.

As Taehyung invested his attention at the height of the movie, Jungkook brought out a ring box and flicked it open, revealing a white gold band with a quaint diamond in the center, shining and mocking back at him for delaying the "big moment" that would change their lives forever.