CHAPTER 35: SEEKING

[MEANWHILE AT ???]

Daegu city's nightlife was bustling with people, the beeping of cars indistinctly and the lively bright lights from other buildings gleamed through the reflections of her huge glass windows, but this was not deserving enough for her attention as her head was buried on the screen of her computer, files rather that she had studied for hours.

"Come on, there has got to be some lead to where he lives," she irritatedly said.

"I'm not giving up on you, Min Seok." Despite her exhaustion, she still mustered the determination she had in finding Min Seok.

She exhaled tiredly and leaned her head on her knuckles, elbow resting on her clear glass desk.

Sure, she had found some leads on Taehyung's location but she wanted to find Min Seok first, to talk and patch things up.

She sighed and got up from her seat to walk towards the window, she finally gave attention to the bustling city but her mind was still on him. She leaned her side against the window, one hand on the glass.

"Soon enough we will be as one, just like before." She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

[MEANWHILE AT TAEHYUNG]

He too was looking out on the skies for answers

He too was thinking of someone

He too wanted to look for one thing: himself

'Jungkook, what did you mean by we dated before? How much did you love me?'

He then remembered what happened earlier:

[FLASHBACK]

"Each time I get flashbacks, I see you in my memories, you weren't bad, rather you would make me smile before. Tell me, Jungkook, do we know each other?"

"We used to date before," he said bluntly.

This made Taehyung freeze in place and looked at Jungkook with wide eyes.

He was loss at words, sure he was able to open his mouth but he couldn't find the words to make himself take in what he just heard, the right words rather. Instead he uttered: "Th-this is not true."

Jungkook moved closer towards him and held his hand, yet before he even got a hold of his hand, he was so quick to jerk his hand away.

"I don't believe you, maybe you're just saying this, who knows. You can't just come up to me and tell me we dated, don't play with my memory."

Jungkook raised his voice: "Then how can you explain me being in your flashbacks?! You must know by now that I was in your life before!"

Taehyung sighed deeply and told him: "Look, I don't know okay? Maybe I just saw you somewhere before and I might be overthinking things, maybe, just maybe."

"Taehyung," Jungkook called.

He looked up and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Kim...Taehyung," he slowly called again.

"Jungkook, I understand you're missing someone you always talk about with me, but just accept the fact that he's gone, I'm not him. Don't force his identity on me, I don't even know myself to begin with I have no family to tell me who I really am, don't confuse me and make it worse."