CHAPTER 28: NOTHING LIKE US

[MEANWHILE AT TAEHYUNG]

"I'll miss you so much," he whispered. Apparently, they just got home from work and he's cozying up to Jin's arms, wishing that they wouldn't let go.

"It will take a while, V. But I'll come back, I told you that," he said sweetly and kissed his cheek.

"Jungkook will accompany you while I'm gone," he continued.

"Why do I have to be with him?" Taehyung whined and held onto Jin.

Jin leaned to his grasp and his intuition spoke, "you might need something, which is something I clearly can't attend to. At least Jungkook can be here to accommodate your needs."

"Wait a minute," Jin cut through Taehyung's upcoming feedback.

Jin abruptly sat up and secured Taehyung's shoulders with an arm, hence asked, "Why? Don't you like Jungkook? Has he done something to you?"

Taehyung shook his head and straight-to-the-point he answered as he rolled his eyes, "he just annoys me."

"Ah, Jungkook may be like that at first—leaving a bad first impression—but he's a good friend, and I just thought that you guys can get along well. But it's your choice if you want to talk to him or not, no pressure," he smiled as he defended his knowledge about Jungkook.

Taehyung sighed deeply as he urged, "Alright alright. Now, when's your flight tomorrow?" He changed the subject as he didn't want to talk about Jungkook that much. Even after their last meeting, he still felt the vibe that Jungkook is arrogant and persistent, so he probably won't leave him alone.

Jin kissed the top of his head and answered, "My flight? It will be at 10am."

Taehyung held his hands and reminded, "Please take care, Jin. This is the first time I'll be separated from you, and I'm quite worried."

Jin kissed his hand and pecked his lips as a response, hence his voiced feedback is: "I hope you can be safe here. I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"But what about your clinic?"

"It was taken care of already. After all, it's the hospital that permitted me to travel to Japan so basically it's considered as a leave," he assured.

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

The day of Jin's flight finally marked its arrival, and Jungkook woke up fifteen minutes before nine to have his breakfast and a sip of a strong aromatic coffee to kick start his senses as he offered to drive Jin to the airport.

He fled down the stairs the moment he was done tying his shoes, and he felt ecstatic that he was allotted the time to not only take care of Taehyung himself but the comeback of his memory.

He went inside the car and started its engine. Just as he did, he saw Jin and Taehyung advancing their way to his car. He got down to help Jin with his luggages.

"Ready for your flight?" He asked as he stashed the luggage at the open trunk.

"Quite nervous but, I have an intuition that this will skyrocket my career as a doctor!" He punched the air upwards as he beamed.

Then Taehyung kissed Jin's cheek and held his hand, "of course, but for me you are the best doctor I know."

Jungkook faced the other way and rolled his eyes. He then mouthed the mockery of Taehyung's words, "bEsT dOcToR iN tHe WoRlD"

"Jungkook?" Jin called.

"Ah!" He exclaimed with panic.

"Is something the matter?"