CHAPTER 37: CALL ME BY MY NAME

He could not believe his eyes.

Jungkook wasn't lying when he said that they were together before.

The dates were the evidence that this wasn't a fraud.

Then suddenly he felt vague distorted memories of them suddenly trigger his mind and it was all coming at him at once, he then felt a sharp blow on his mind and he held his head while he cussed due to pain.

"Taehyung!" He heard to which to him it sounded like Jungkook's voice was fading away from his consciousness.

"Taehyung!" He heard once again and once he fully lost his consciousness he fell limply on Jungkook's embrace.

Jungkook did not know what to do, so he carried Taehyung in his arms and laid him on his bed. He sat beside him on the bed and waited for him to wake up. He mumbled frantically to himself: "please wake up and tell me you remember."

It did not take long for Taehyung to wake up and he did not say a word the moment he woke up, he stared at Jungkook. The latter asked with a worried tone: "are you okay? Do you remember anything now?"

Suddenly everything from the first time they met, up until they got separated due to the accident, all events overwhelmed Taehyung's mind.

Taehyung's gaze deepens, hence he caressed Jungkook's cheek, in which he gladly leaned to his touch, he announced softly: "It's you! Jungkook!"

Jungkook felt his tears blur his vision, he quickly hugged Taehyung and muttered: "you're back" multiple times. He did not know what to feel at that moment, it was as if luck was on his side this time.

"Taehyung," he said his name with such tenderness. He kissed his mole on the nose, the tiniest detail he loved about his face.

"Taehyung, Taehyung," he called out once more before he gave him a kiss on the lips. This made him giggle due to how Jungkook called his name out as if he recently learnt the word.

[MEANWHILE AT ???]

"How much further are we going?" The woman asked her driver. Her driver, with his eyes focused on the road grimly answered: "about 2 hours more madam."

She sighed and sunk back into her leather car seat in defeat. She has finally found Min Seok, if things would go her way she couldn't waste another minute without seeing him. She didn't want to lose him again.

"Well, hurry up!" She exclaimed.

He was about to come up with a snappy response but knowing that he could lose his job for defying her he simply nodded instead.

After 2 hours they finally arrived. She came out of the car. Fortunately, he was where she expected to him to be, still in that same territory where she last left yet still the same man who she has loved all these years apart.

She got out of the car, conflicted as to what to say first, or rather; do the moment she cried for his name. He looked around suspiciously but then when he saw her from a distance he immediately recognised her, and so he shouted: "Joo-Hyun!" And with an eager swift he scooped her up in her arms and she immediately liquified into his embrace with her arms wrapped around his back. Oh how she loved smelling the earthy scent her husband had always possessed after a long day in the woods, or how his strong hands would soften its touch the moment it lands on her skin.

Min-Seok put her down and he was at loss for words, scanned her from head to toe and all angles.

"I-I can't believe it's you, love," he said with a mix of disbelief and happiness at the same time.

"I've been looking for you all these years, I never forgot about you."

"I thought you were dead!"

"Oh no I-" he then interrupted by narrating what had happen on that day he found her body laying about after a pack of wolves attacked them. Joo-Hyun shook her head and clicked her tongue.

"It was actually my fault....as to why we had been separated for a long time." She hung her head low in shame and guilt. She couldn't bring herself to tell her husband as to what had happened, as to why she had escaped the woods.

Min-Seok cupped her face with his hands and she leaned willingly. He gently probed: "please tell me. I'm willing to listen."

"I..I actually left, all I had in mind was my own safety. Don't you remember all those times where  we would fight because you wouldn't want us to leave the very place you grew up in? Due to fear and being sick of it all, I decided to leave the moment I gained consciousness. Up until now, I felt regret leaving you and Taehyung. I tried finding you but then...then-"

Min-seok shushed her and caressed her cheek: "I told you that I would protect you and Taehyung. But then I guess I was too prideful and did not take into consideration your fear and your want to move somewhere else. I'm truly sorry, now that I have known all of these." At that moment Min-Seok got all the answers to his questions. It now made sense as to why his "dead" wife's body was gone after some time. It now made sense as to why other wolves have told him that they caught glimpses of her. Sure, he may have felt that she didn't trust his abilities in protecting his family, but he considered her reasoning therefore he wished not to drive her away again in hopes of proving to her once again that he's capable if ever she decides to be with him again. He simply added with reluctance: "This is all too sudden. A lot to process to be honest."

"I'm truly sorry too, love. If I had trusted in you more, then we wouldn't part and waste away years of not being together. It was also a mistake on my part, and if you cannot forgive me now, I hope with time you can give me a chance to prove to you that I want to be with you again, that I will not give up so easily."

She said exactly what was on his mind in all honesty. He gave a small grin, much to his overwhelm to everything that had happened in that hour. She leaned on his shoulder and clung onto his arm in which he interlaced their fingers together.

"It's okay, love. I completely understood your point."

"Same goes for me, but I think slowly we can start anew, starting today. Putting behind everything that was in the past."

"You're right my love," he kissed her forehead and she chuckled with such demureness. To continue catching up on what has happened all throughout these years they then retire to the cave.

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

There was nothing more that Jungkook wanted, Taehyung had regained his memory and happily accepted to be in his arms once more.

They spent all the late afternoon till early evening curled in each other's arms, talking about their memories that he was so fond of. He had him entertained with the way he re-enacted all the pranks Taehyung did, and the latter while amused he smiled watching Jungkook make a fool out of himself.

Oh how much he loved this man, all he needed was to see his well-adored boxy smile and his rich laughter and nothing else mattered to him.

He leaned his back against the headboard, then told him: "I want you to come home with me, sweetheart. Everyone waited for you, especially your best friend, Hoseok." Followed by that was a hearty chuckle.

"But what about Jin? How can you explain things to him?"

"I don't think I need more explanation," a voice answered for Jungkook. They turned to see a serious, cold and glaring Jin standing by the doorway.