CHAPTER 32: SORRY

[MEANWHILE AT MIN SEOK]

'Taehyung's dead!' Jun barked back.

'No! I believe out there he's still alive!' Growled Min Seok.

Backtracking during the time of the accident, Min Seok was able to survive, but he never saw Jungkook again after the incident.

Luckily the area where his pack lived was nearby when he wandered around aimlessly after the accident.

[FLASHBACK]

The flames were around the warehouse, he could barely catch his breath and he kept coughing.

"Jungkook?!" He coughed out, hoping that he will still be alive.

He tried to look past the fire left and right but no sign of Jungkook was to be seen.

"Jungkook!" He called again.

He was sweating, he felt like he would pass out anytime due to the smoke suffocating him but he went on finding Jungkook in order to help him look for Taehyung.

"Min Seok!" Someone coughed out his name and he turned to see who it was: Jungkook.

He was a little far back across to where Min Seok was standing, the debris blocking his access to get to him.

"Let's get out of here! Quick!" He yelled again at the top of his lungs as he tried pushing away the debris but he was also avoiding the touch of the flames as well. 

The flames busted amongst the walls, floors and even ceiling. The bomb was powerful, just one explosion could wreck such havoc in the warehouse.

"I'm going to go there, stay where you are!" Min Seok called.

He pushed away the debris as he made his way towards Jungkook and dodged the falling pieces from the ceiling of the warehouse.

Then suddenly, a log collapsed infront of Min Seok before he could reach Jungkook from above because the ceilings of the warehouse was close to being non existent, the explosion was too strong that it caused a mini earthquake in that area for a while.

Min Seok screamed in pain and the drop of the log caused him to injure his feet. Since he was still fairly far from him, Jungkook might've thought that the log crushed him and he heard the wailing sirens of the fire truck.

"No no no Jungkook come back!" He screamed but it was too late, Jungkook had already gone out to the fire fighters.

[WHAT REALLY HAPPENED]

Jungkook heard Min Seok's screams and since the firefighters have already arrived he ran out to them to extinguish the flames burning immediately to save them.

"You need to get us out immediately!" He panicked as he shook the fighter's whole body and he coughed violently.

Feeling a little shaken yet alert, he assured, "don't worry sir! We will extinguish everything and you all will be safe in no time, now get out and we will take you home okay?"

Because the smell of the flames got stronger and considering how long he has been there, he fainted and lost his consciousness.

The fire fighter dropped to his knees and Jungkook's head was on his hand and he screamed: "Guys! Take him to the nearest hospital, quick!"

His other back-ups rushed towards the unconscious body and drove him to the hospital with their other vehicle.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

[PRESENT TIME]

Minseok emitted a whine and laid on his side, Jun sat in front of him and barked: 'well maybe if he didn't leave, none of this would have happened honestly.'

This made Min Seok think: 'what made my son leave?'

'Did you make my son leave?' His growls got deeper each minute he did not receive a response.

All this time that Taehyung left, Jun wandered all over to find Taehyung because ever since that night they fought, it hit him. It hit him that he never considered him as his own flesh and blood, and he deeply regretted the way he treated him.

Although, a part of him wanted to remain mad at him because he took his son along, and thus never returned. Only to find him one day dead , clearly it was death from a gun shot and he is familiar with it because a lot of hunters go to their area to kill wild animals. But, this huge part of him, took the blame for everything because he knew how much Jackson loves his cousin, how much he looked up to him. And if it means losing Jackson to realise his mistakes, he'd pay a lifetime to make up for it.

Had he not been mistreating Taehyung, maybe Jackson would not run away with him

Had he not been abusing Taehyung, they would still be a complete pack of wolves.

He couldn't make a single sound when he heard this question: Did you make my son leave?

He quite knew that he was the reason as to why he left, it was because he picked out his final straw. His final straw that completely changed his life.

Half-heartedly, he told parts of the truth: 'I never knew where he went. I just woke up one day and he was gone, along with Jackson."

Unfortunately, Min Seok didn't stop there and he once again growled: 'he would not leave without a reason. Tell. me . what. did. you. do. to. my. son?'

All the memories of what happened before kept going all at once, pressuring him to tell everything to his half-brother.

Growling back, he finally stood up, ready to pounce in case he attacks him. The pressure made him give up and confronted him: 'okay fine, do you want to know what really happened?'

'We fought the night he left, we had a huge argument.'

With a loud roar cried he: 'Did you mistreat my son?! What happened?!'

Jun sighed and lowered his figure to the ground by laying on his stomach. ' The truth is, I have never been in good terms with your son. We did not act like a normal loving dynamic between an uncle and nephew. For all the times I hated you for being different, I instead made Taehyung suffer and having no control to the past, I'm sorry.'

With Min Seok hearing all of this, fighting with Jun won't help change what his son's life was before he met him and clearly he saw the regret washing over his expression of words. His confession did not do good for their budding chance of breaking down the walls of their rivalry, especially knowing how he treated his son.

Min seok pounced on Jun and barked: 'How could you do that to my son? You were even lucky to be with him everyday! If I had other choices I should have not left him with you!' 

Not even bothering to fight back, he told him: 'I'm sorry, alright! Ever since Jackson died I regretted everything!'

Min Seok scoffed and barked louder: 'It took you that long before you realise that you treated my son like shit?! To the point that my nephew had to die?' 

As Min Seok thought, fighting won't change or help anything, so he got off of Jun and coldly, he told him: 'Don't apologise to me.'

Jun looked up at his half brother and anticipated on what he wanted to say.

'Say sorry to my son.'