CHAPTER 6: CARE

[MEANWHILE AT TAEHYUNG]

The irritation in his throat worsened each working time that progressed and some of the medicines that Jin bought for him in the nearest pharmacy subsided his symptoms temporarily, not enough for it to be diminished. Yet the cherry was added on top and it was a sneeze.

The night came and their work ended later than the usual time. It was time to hit the hay when Taehyung assembled up his stuff while waiting for Jin to come out of his office.

He rubbed his nose and sniffled. He didn't even regret his decision of not staying at home, all he had in mind was repaying Jin for all the nuisance he caused, that's what he thought honestly.

Jin finally was done with his work in the office that he opened the door to leave.

"You're really not feeling well. You should've went home earlier," concern indulged his tired voice.

"But there will be no one to take care of this," his finger was directed to the desktop.

"Since you recorded my appointments, I'll let you have a day off," he slung his white coat over him as he removed it.

"No!" He jerked his body up and raised the intonation of his coarse voice.

"I need to work!" He mustered up to make his voice loud but unfortunately it came out as a whisper shout.

He covered his mouth and sneezed violently, followed with a sniffle.

Jin's hair body stood up due to perturbation and searched for a pack of tissues in his bag.

Because his brown leather bag was deep, he managed to find a pack after a while. He handed a handful of tissues and Taehyung snatched it from his hand to wipe himself.

"Than-Thank—-" He was interrupted by a cough coating his throat.

"You," he completed the statement.

"You're so stubborn, c'mere!" He placed his arm comfortably around his shoulder and he turned off the lights before both of them exited.

When they arrived at home, Jin assisted Taehyung to the aforementioned's room to be taken care of.

'This is killing me,' he didn't know which was killing him; the colds or Jin's close distance?

He wasn't getting an answer to that so he shook the subject off of his mind and focused on the man taking care of him as of the moment.

Jin let go of him and placed himself next to Taehyung, "now, lay down." He complied to the older and laid down on his soft bed cozily.

He tucked in the white blankets and Jin assumed that he will have fever so he hastily snatched a thermometer in his bag. As someone who specialised in being an Internal Medicine Physician, his job was to provide care for adult patients so he would carry that with him.

Taehyung felt a cold stick like object squish the bulb in the center of his armpit and he painfully moaned. He squirmed under him and Jin had to hold the man to make him steady.

"Shush, relax. I'll just check your temperature with this thermometer," his calm voice made him stop moving and he successfully placed the thermometer in between.

Eventually, it beeped and Jin retrieved it back, only to find that Taehyung's body temperature was slightly above the normal.

Jin examined further by placing his palm on his forehead, and clicked his tongue, "it seems to me that you have fever. Now tell me, does your head hurt?"