CHAPTER 8: BETTER

[MEANWHILE AT JIN]

'Well, maybe,' he internally answered.

But his answer to Jungkook was a lie, "I don't know, okay?"

Not entirely a lie, but he was in a state of denial as of that moment. Jungkook nodded and raked his hair with his fingers, "I see."

"So," he plopped his elbow on the table then continued his statement, "how are you now?"

"Here, still single while you look like you're high on cloud nine," Jungkook answered.

Jin was about to speak until he added,"but overall, I'm fine, really."

"Oh come on, Kook, don't be like that," he hit him lightly on the shoulder. "Well it's pretty obvious that someone's keeping you," he had an upbeat tone.

"No one's keeping me, Kook!" A slight blush smeared his face.

"I know that feeling, don't lie to me," he wagged an index finger and tore his gaze away.

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

Of course Jungkook knew that feeling with Taehyung. He'd feel giddy and he would randomly smile at times whenever he remembers him—-which was all the time.

And with every message that the younger sends, he felt his heart combust. Remember that time when he went back to work and Taehyung sent him a selfie? Yeah, that explained a lot.

He loved him so much, even up to that moment. Yes, it may be stated in words but he didn't even have enough time to show Taehyung how much of a man he was for his one and only love, time was too cruel not to give them the time they deserve to be together.

They didn't even last a year together.

Yet he still wanted him.

Even if he's no longer with him, the memories of them together stuck on to him.

He still vividly remembered his smart mouth, and instead of being irritated with it, he'd laugh.

He still remembered him bathing in his warmth.

Reflecting back on that, Jungkook's lips played a rueful smile and averted his eyes back to Jin.

"Hey, what's wrong? You spaced out for a while," Jin's concern was written all over his face when he asked.

"Oh, it's nothing, really," he mumbled the last word.

"Is it about Taehyung again?" He knew about Taehyung since he'd use Jin as his therapist sometimes over the phone.

He didn't want to admit it but...

Yes.

You may see him as an obsessed crybaby but he just couldn't fully recover from it.

No one would love him just like Taehyung.

No one would make him smile like he did.

No one would fit into his puzzle piece perfectly like him.

And...

No one would ever claim his heart just like Taehyung did.

Taehyung

Taehyung

Taehyung

Was all he ever needed in his life.

Hey may not cry as he used to but the mourning still leeched on him. It's so scary that he didn't know what to do anymore with himself.

Loving someone can hurt so much right? Especially when he or she isn't there.