Moving Out

Disclaimer: I don't own The Flash or any of its characters. I only own my OC's. :)

Be sure to VOTE and COMMENT.

The next two weeks pass in a breeze, I managed to save up enough money to afford a small room to stay in.

It has one bed, a small bathroom and it smells kinda moldy but it's my own place so I can ignore the mold for now.

I grip my crutches tightly as I hop down the street towards S.T.A.R Labs. I haven't told the team that I got my own place yet but I doubt they'll even notice me gone.

Caitlin only gets home late at night and I'm pretty busy at Jitters so I don't go to S.T.A.R Labs as often.

I get out of the elevator and hop into the cortex where I find Barry and Cisco.

"Hey guys," I greet them slightly awkwardly. I have no idea how I'm going to tell them. Oh well, I'll just wing it.

"Hey Rae, I haven't seen you around a lot anymore," Cisco says as he and Barry turn to face me.

"Yeah, I actually got a job at Jitters two weeks ago so I'm pretty busy," I tell them. They nod and we settle into a pretty awkward silence.

"I actually have something I wanted to tell you guys," I start. I open my mouth to tell them when Caitlin suddenly enters the cortex.

"Hey Rae. Are you ready to get rid of your crutches?" Caitlin asks me optimistically. I give her a confused look.

"Remember? I told you last night that you should come today so I can give you the all clear on your leg," she says.

I quickly nod.

"Oh yeah! Let's go to the med Bay," I say, faking realisation. I don't even remember talking to her last night. I've been pretty tired lately.

We walk into the med bay and I sit down on the bed.

Caitlin starts to remove all the bandages on my leg and once that's done she starts to poke around the wound area.

It has now healed into quite an ugly circular scar where I tried to cauterise it. The scar is still slightly red but doesn't hurt at all anymore.

"Well, just don't do any crazy running or anything like that and you should be good to go," Caitlin says, giving me a smile.

I grin and hop off of the bed, leaving my crutches behind. That's great, now I can finally start working longer hours at Jitters.

I hear a sound and look over to see Barry and Cisco standing by the doorway.

" that's great, Rae," Cisco says, giving me a thumbs up and Barry smiles at me.

"So, what did you want to tell us?" Barry asks. They all look at me.

"Uh, well after I got the job at Jitters I saved up quite a bit of money and decided to use it to rent a small apartment," I tell them cautiously.

They all stare at me for a second before a look of realisation crosses their faces.

"wait, are you moving out of my place?" Caitlin asks. I nod.

"Why? Do you not like it there? Do you..." she starts to ramble.

"No, it's not any of that. It's just, I don't want to have to rely on anyone anymore. I want to be able to provide for myself and have my own place," I say. Barry nods in understanding before looking at his watch.

"I'm sorry guys but I have to go to work now, I'm already late," He says as he grabs his jacket from the back of a chair.

We all say goodbye before he speeds out.