Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own The Flash or any of its characters. I only own my OC's. :)

(Be sure to VOTE and COMMENT:))

Central City.18th December, 2013.
(1 week after particle accelerator explosion)

2 days. Only 2 more days before summer break. 2 days till going to the beach and getting sunburned, hanging out with my friends and watching way too much TV.

"Raelynn, stop doodling in your notebook and at least try to pretend to listen to my lesson," Mrs. Andrews, my English teacher, scolds me.

With only two days left of school all the other teachers let us do fun activities and crafts but not Mrs. Andrews, she makes us do work till the very last second.

I close my notebook and stare blankly at the blackboard at the front of the class. Half of the class is doing the same. The other half is already asleep.

Whoever says primary school and being nine years old is easy is terribly wrong. It is horrible.

The bell ringing suddenly pulls me out of my thoughts. I quickly pack up my English books and stationary. Mrs. Andrews tells us something about homework but it goes in one ear and straight out the other.

I leave the classroom as quickly as possible and make my way over to the front hall of the school. English was my last subject of the day and now I'm just waiting for my best friend, Emma. She has a slightly different schedule from me and has P. E, a.k.a Pointless Exercise, as her last class.

"Boo!" A voice yells into my ear. I let out a small scream and turn around.

"Don't scare me like that Emma!" I scold her but she just laughs.

We start talking about a cute puppy video that went viral when I see Emma's eyes widen.

"Witch and flying monkeys twelve o clock," she whispers to me. I look straight ahead and narrow my eyes when I see Britney and her posse.

Emma and I nicknamed them, the witch and her flying monkeys after watching, The Wizard of Oz.

Britney is the richest and most mean person in school. Even the other rich popular girls think she's rude. Britney's dad is the mayor of Central City.

Emma and I try to walk past them but they block our path.

"Please move," I say through gritted teeth. She just smirks.

"Who's gonna make you. Your friend or your parents? Oh wait, you don't have parents because they threw you away like the trash you are."

That's the last straw I narrow my eyes and start to see red. All of a sudden out of nowhere I get a killer migraine. I collapse to my knees as I start to get all hot.

I must have blacked out or something because next thing I know, I'm surrounded by fire. I scream and stand up, looking desperately for Emma.

"Emma!" I shout through the flames. Strangely enough there isn't any smoke though. The sprinklers start going off but do nothing to stop the raging fire.

"Help!" I hear someone yell. Emma. I look through the flames and see her leg pinned underneath a pile of ceiling. I rush over to her, not caring about the searing pain in my face as I do so. I kneel down next to her and try to pull off the beam but I'm not strong enough.

Emma suddenly goes still and stops struggling. Tears fall down my face and my breath comes out in rasps. My vision starts to go black from exhaustion and pain. I feel myself fall to the ground on a pile before everything goes completely black.

(676 words)

So, what did you all think of the prologue???? I hope you liked it.

I have enjoyed writing this story soo much!

I dedicated this chapter to Mikaylyngrace for being the reason I bothered to upload this so thank you. ;)

I'll be uploading this story about 10 chapters at a time so updates might be a bit slow. (I also procrastinate A LOT!! But I mean, who doesn't?)

Be sure to Vote, Comment and share!!!! ;)

Until next chapter. Byeeeee. :)