Iron Heights Penitentiary

Disclaimer: I don't own The Flash or any of its characters. I only own my OC's. :)

(Be sure to VOTE and COMMENT:))

Iron Heights penitentiary, metahuman wing
January 3rd, 2020. (6 years later)

I wake up with a gasp, my face all sweaty and I'm breathing heavily. I had a dream of that day again. With no hope of going back to sleep I slowly get out of bed and walk over to the small sink in the corner of my cell, splashing my face with a tiny bit of water as I look at myself in the small mirror. It is made of a special unbreakable glass.

I run my hand gently over the right side of my face. That day, 6 years ago, when I ran into the fire I got 3rd degree burns over the entire right side of my body, including my face. It also caused me to go blind in my right eye.

I brush my hands through my hair and tie it back into a hopefully presentable ponytail though I don't even know why I bother. Who cares what I look like in here? I walk back over to my bed and pull out a small newspaper clipping I keep under my pillow.

Once every two weeks one of the nicer guards gives me a bit of the daily newspaper so I can read what's happening out there. This newspaper, like most of the other I've gotten, is headlined, 'The Flash Saves Central City Once Again.' It is written by Iris West-Allen also like eighty percent of the other ones I have.

I hear the morning alarm go off and I quickly stuff the newspaper back under my pillow before walking over to my cell door. It opens up and two guards walk in. I step forward and allow them to grab me by the arm and lead me out of my cell.

At 15 years old I'm the youngest person in the entire Iron Heights. I am technically supposed to be in juvie but after what happened that day when I killed 15 kids and seriously injured 28 plus burning down half the school, the court decided the only place capable of holding me is Iron Heights, specifically the meta human wing.

The guards lead me down the hall to the dining hall. They push me down onto the nearest chair before they walk over to the door and stand watch.

Us prisoners of the metahuman wing used to be locked in our cells 24/7 but now we are allowed out to eat breakfast, dinner is still served to our cells, and one hour in the outside courtyard. The only reason they let us do this is because of the collars. It is a metal collar that S.T.A.R Labs designed that acts as a metahuman ability dampener and a shock collar.

I scratch at it subconsciously. Whenever any of the 25 metahuman prisoners starts a fight or doesn't obey orders they press their remote and we all get a shock. Not enough to get seriously injured but enough that we permanently hate whoever causes trouble. If someone tries to escape it is even worse, they up the voltage and we all immediately lose consciousness. Luckily nobody has tried to escape before.

The bell rings signalling we are allowed to go collect our trays of food. I quickly grab mine and sit back down. Green mush, again. Yay. (note the sarcasm)

I eat it all, even though it isn't very nice, and gulp down a few sips of water. Out of all the prisoners here, I'm the only one that isn't here because of the Flash. Literally everyone else in the metahuman wing hates him. I don't though. He's a hero that's helping keep the city safe.

I hear someone sit opposite me and I slowly look up. Great, it's Joslyn Jackam, a.k.a Joss, a.k.a Weather witch (Though no one here actually calls her that.)

I sigh.

"What do you want Joss?" I ask her.

She is always scheming ways to get out of here. She looks around before leaning close to me and whispering.

"I'm going to break out." I roll my eyes slightly.

Without her staff she isn't dangerous at all. The guards never even needed to use the shock collars after she tried escaping once because they easily caught her and returned her to her cell in all but 5 minutes.

"What's your plan this time?" I ask her.

She whispers to me her plan quietly.
I raise my eyebrows.

"And why are you telling me your plan?" I ask her cautiously. She grins slightly.

"Because you're going to come with me."

(806 words)

Hope you all enjoyed that.

What's going to happen next?

I dedicate this chapter to doglover77778 thanks for being there from the very start. :)

Be sure to vote, comment and share. ;)

Until next time. Byeeeee. :)