xxxviii

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT:
Dying Star

Weeks had passed since the incident and Jimin's bright aura slowly faded like a star losing its shine. Taehyung ignored it in the first two days but the younger behavior didn't change at all —it became worse. The bright and positive Jimin that is full of brightness is now gone, what is only left is a lifeless doll. He no longer smiled nor left his room, and that's what Taehyung and Mr. Park worried about. He also refuses to eat saying he doesn't have an appetite or he was full, which is a lie. 

His chubby cheeks are now gone, his sparkling eyes that reflect the galaxy are now lifeless and dull, it turns into a dark wormhole in the universe— he is not bright like the sun but dull and dark of the cold moonless night.

“jiminie? Baby can I come in?”

Mr. Park knocked lightly at the younger's door, but he only answered in dead silence; he didn't hear anything on the other side, which made his anxiousness grow. He waits for a minute and knocked again but it still the same no answer, his wariness about his precious son's condition slowly building up in his system with shaky hands he reached the doorknob to open it— but it's lock without a second thought he shout for one of their maids to get the spare key of Jimin's room, which they immediately did.

With one more shaky call, and another dead silent answer, as soon as the key was handed to Mr. Park immediately opened the door, they were greeted by pure darkness all the blinds were closed, even the lights in the room. They can't see anything because of it, and it's so unusual for the younger male room.

“jiminie… appa is here.”

Mr. Park called softly but again no answer, that's the time Mr. Park decided to turn on the lights. And the scene before him made his heart skip a beat and forgot to breathe, a gasp from the maids resonating in the cold, silent room of the younger. 

“ca—call an ambulance!!! Faster! No… jiminie baby...”

••••••

“any news?”

Jungkook asked anxiously to one of his men but the man only shook his head as an answer. He bites his bottom lip, pacing back and forth. He never heard anything from Jimin since the last time they met.

“What happened to you doll?! Where are you?!”

Jungkook mumbled, clenching his hands on his hair as he sat and chanted Jimin's name over and over again. The man only stared at his boss quizly, it wasn't new for the young boss to ask for someone's information or someone's moves— what's new for him is his boss's demeanor towards the news he just reserved. It's new for him to see his boss behave like this, frustrated and anxious. 

Jungkook gritted his nails trying to calm himself down and think for a reason why he doesn't hear anything from the younger, he even does a daily check to the CCTV he installs in the younger's bedroom but he can't see anything due to darkness. He never saw the light being turned on since the last day they've met.

••••••

“where is he? what happened?!”

Taehyung rushed to the hospital as soon as he heard the news, he still can't believe that Jimin— his precious baby will do such a thing like that, with a pounding heart he entered the vicinity asking himself if he's the reason for jimin's suicide attempt. 

As soon as he entered the room he was welcomed by dead silence and the image of Jimin lifelessly lying on the bed, while Mr. Park was sitting on the right side of the bed, holding his precious son's cold hand.

“appa… what—”

“taehyung–ah, we almost lost him… if—if I didn't check him, he would probably be dead by now… why–why did he do this? Why all of the sudden he takes his own life? Why taehyung–ah? Why did my baby take his own life? For what reason?”

Taehyung just pursed his lips, he let the elder let out all his questions that of course will remain unanswered, he just comforted the elder saying “everything will be fine and jimin will be fine” that even he, himself don't know if what he says is gonna happen.

Time is ticking and an hour has passed but there still no sign of movement at the lifeless body that lay on the bed, taehyung is the only one left in the room while Mr. Park is busy filling up Jimin's discharge papers.

“are you sure you want to take him home?”

The doctor asked worriedly, he can't believe what his friend wanted to do.

“Think carefully, if Jimin did it he can do it again when he wakes up, he needs medical care and a person can watch him all the time. ”

His hand halted from writing, he didn't know what he should do. Taehyung said that  it's better for the latter to come home and be taking care in the environment he was familiar with, but his friend is right; his precious baby needs professional medical care.

“Why did my baby do it to himself?”

Mr. Park asked in a shaky voice, but what shaped him more is his friend's answer.

“based on my observation and what you said, I think Minnie is suffering from depression, jiyoung and if my observation is right he needs to be here, to be taken care of and treated.”

The statement repeated in his head like a broken cd, the pen in his grasp slipped and fell on the tiled floor of the hospital. Depression is hard to treat and it causes someone to lose their value for life and end up killing themselves, like what his jiminie did. No! He can't lose his one and only treasure, he can't lose his baby boy.

“minjae-ah, please help my child. Ple-please save him.”

•••••

How's everyone?

Sorry if it takes me a century to update… and keep breaking my promises but I'll try to update more often now.

And AGAIN I just wanna remind you all that English is NOT my first language, I'm open to any criticism as long it is said in a nice and concerned way, not in a rude and hurtful one. And if anyone think my book is crap you're free to leave and have a good life... FUCK OFF.