"➋➌" : ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

Start from the beginning

"And you have a long history of getting him out of it." I finished for him and he nodded.

Elijah sighed, looking back and forth between the trees and me. "Not this time though. I've learned not to trust his vulgar promises. It's time my brother and I had a little chat."

"You didn't answer my question clearly."

He looked at me. "Why do you always put up with Klaus not matter what he does?" I asked him.

"We've all done horrible things." He answered simply.

"Elijah, I don't know how to tell you this...but," I started, "Klaus was the one who killed your mother, not Mikael."

Elijah listened to what I said but his expression remained unchanged. There was no shock or sadness in his eyes.

"You knew it already," I asserted, "You still trusted him?!" I asked him, baffled completely.

"He's my brother, Rose. I had to,"

I chuckled sadly. "Guess we're both the same. Me with my sister and you with your brother. Even though we know they're wrong, we still somehow end up defending them. What does that say about us, Elijah?"

"That we love them, and no matter what happens we are loyal to them," Elijah responded, a small smile on his face.

"You do know that you won't be able to do it, right? Betray him?" I asked him softly.

"And something tells me that you won't be able to too," Elijah replied

I chuckled. "I'm not bound to him like you are," I told him.

"No...but he has grown on you. We all have...you just won't admit it." Elijah pointed out while I fidgeted with my bracelet.

It was the truth. They all had grown on me, even Klaus. After what he did last night, I couldn't help but wonder what he's like when he's not running around killing people. Somewhere deep inside, a part of me wanted to give him the chance to.

"You're right, I won't." I looked at him. "I can't."

"The matters of the heart are always complicated, Rose. Trust me, I know all about them." Elijah mumbled.

"Oh yeah?" I asked Elijah in a playful tone. "Any former flames I should know about?"

"There were a few." He smiled.

"Wanna tell me about them?" I asked him.

Elijah smirked at me. "Why don't I show you instead?"

I shrugged my shoulders and Elijah took my hand in his as we both closed our eyes. In an instant, Elijah's memories flooded through me. The very first woman that he ever loved was Tatia. She was the first Petrova doppelganger. I laughed at their playfulness with each other but my smile dropped when I saw my sister.  Even though Klaus wanted to sacrifice her, Elijah really cared for her. Then came Celeste Dubois. They were so in love.

I opened my eyes as Elijah pulled us out of his mind and smiled at him. "That was pretty epic," I commented. Before I could ask what happened to them, a wave of energy rushed through me and I gasped as I was pulled back into Elijah's head.

"Where are you going?" A redhead girl in a purple coloured period gown asked Elijah who was frantically rushing up the stairs.

He stopped to look at her. "Father is coming. We have to flee." He told her.