Chapter 16: Wages and Challenges

Start from the beginning

   In the hospital bed next to them, the Haiguang co-captain, Bai Shiting surrounded by the Haiguang team. Wang Yaren holds a cake with jam art of a dog. Huang Jing was just confused but everything felt so festive. At least until everyone realized that Huang Jing was unexpectedly there. All their attention drift to Huang Jing.

Huang Jing: Uh...I feel that I am intruding on this happy moment that I am in no part of.

Anbao introduces him: Oh, everyone, this is Huang Jing. You've met before.

Tian Zilong takes off his cap: Our Yu Qing messenger, was it?

Huang Jing: uh, yes.

Lu Sheng shifts his glass: Why. It seemed that you were legitimately worried about Wentai here.

Wang Yuren: Perhaps they became better friends than we thought.

Jin: Oiyo~ Well, I wanted to make sure that someone watched after Anbao at Yu Qing.

Bai Shiting: Yes. (to Huang Jing) Thank you.

Huang Jing: Really, guys, I didn't really do anything.

Jin: Yeah, I was the one that told him what to do.

Anbao: If anyone else keep on tasking people to watch over me then I'll- I'll-

Liu Lian: Alright, alright. Let's celebrate Little Dumpling's birthday! It's a day to be remembered!

Yuan Chi: Let me cut the cake. (Wang Yuren moves the cake away)

Lu Sheng: Why did you bring a knife to the hospital?

Yuan Chi: I didn't...I found it in the surgery room.

Everyone:...

Yuan Chi: I'm just kidding. There is no knife, we're going to use a string.

Lu Sheng: And where did you get that string from?

Yuan Chi blinks: Is it really important?

Everyone: Yes.

Yuan Chi: I got it from a clean spool, okay?

   Yuan Chi cuts the cake with the string and everyone gets a slice. They chat and laugh, eventually Huang Jing felt more comfortable. It felt as if they were all one group.