Chapter 16: Wages and Challenges

Start from the beginning

   Huang Jing sighs as a prep then walks out after Anbao. Xiuwen and A-mu nod to each other that Huang Jing is successful at the first step...Until Huang Jing quickly ran back inside.

Huang Jing: I'm going to do it! I just forgot my bag! (quickly grabs his bag then runs out after Anbao)

   Outside of campus, Huang Jing catches up with Anbao. Anbao was in a hurry so instead of asking if she wanted to go hangout anywhere, he decided it was easier if he could tag along.

Anbao: If you don't mind tagging along then I won't mind.

Huang Jing: Great! Where are we going?

Anbao: Hospital. Jin is at the hospital.

Huang Jing: What?

Anbao chuckles: Don't worry. I know you two have gotten close ever since the mountain search for me. It's so nice to know that two people I value can get along.

Huang Jing: She- She values me! She values me! Wait- I should check on this Jinny!

Huang Jing takes out his phone and messages Jin while keeping up with Anbao's pace.

MESSAGE

Huang Jing: You! Why am I hearing from Anbao that you're at the hospital?

Jin Wentai:...wait...are you coming with her???

Huang Jing: Yes, idiot. How did you hurt yourself?

Jin:...

Jin: Okay, firstly...

Jin: I am a genius! you're the idiot that got caught rewiring a speaker post. I can hurt myself all I want. What's it to you if I broke an arm or a leg? Perhaps I cracked my skull!

Huang Jing: You definitely cracked your skull. We're on the bus right now. We'll be there soon.

(Huang Jing leaves the conversation)

Jin: Wait- there's something I need to tell you!

Jin: Come back~

Jin: Huang Jing!

Jin: Aiya! See you there! Room 137, 5th floor.

MESSAGE ENDS

   Huang Jing looks to Anbao who sits calmly on the bus while he finds himself imagining the worst of Jin.

Huang Jing: Anbao, you're surprisingly calm.

Anbao: Getting in the hospital for Haiguang is normal. Besides, the team always visits there. We even know the staffs.

Huang Jing: We?

Anbao: oh, right. I guess I'm not really a part of Haiguang's tennis team no more- uh not that I played tennis. I wouldn't dream of it.

Huang Jing: Well, Xiuwen was definitely spot on for this.

   When they arrived to the hospital, they quickly followed Jin's instructions and walked into a room where Jin lays on a bed with a blanket comfortably up to his neck.

Huang Jing put his bag down next to Jin's bed: Jin! What happened to you?

Jin weakly: Huang Jing, you ugly thing. I'm for once glad you're here but for now, move so I can see Anbao. (Huang Jing scoffs and scoots)

Anbao: Jin? Why are you in the bed? Sit up.

Jin: Anbao, don't you see? I can't. They said I always chew gum and eat mango, they must replace my stomach.

  Anbao smirk and rolls her eyes. The curtain next to Jin swings over revealing the whole Haiguang team.

Ke Jie smiles: Alright, genius. That's enough.