It's Time - Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

Austin was in the hospital. But not only was he in the hospital but....

My only question is.. why?

~~~Much, much later~~~

It took a while to get where we needed to be. And by a while I mean hours and hours. Probably the longest I've ever had to wait to get somewhere. I kept in touch with Daniel because from his call the first time it seemed like he had become quite good friends with Austin in such a short time. He wasn't too pleased with me at first, and he still isn't. Samantha is mad at me and is ignoring every other word that comes out of my mouth. Michele and mum are... well they're too shocked to really talk to me about anything. It seems like everyone is pissed at me, not wanting to even bother with me. Almost like I'm an annoyance.

Daniel sat a couple chairs down from me. We were in the waiting room, being the complete opposite of patient. I want to know Austin is okay. I want to know what happened, what caused Austin to be emitted into the ER.

Maybe he got a severe case of food poisoning. Maybe he got an infection in a small cut. Those kind of things are quite common when someone is visiting an environment that their bodies aren't used to. Then again, it's not so common. Maybe someone was having a bad day and decided to take their anger out on Austin, leaving him to have medical attention. No, that's highly unlikely. Austin's a good fighter, I've seen him get a bit too rough with Alex when they had that Christmas party. And Daniel would've had to be there, right? So it would've been two against one. I let out a groan and threw my head back. I've come to the practical conclusion that my over-thinking has made me gone mad.

Still, maybe my over-thinking would be cured if I got some answers. "Daniel?" I whispered, not wanting him to be anymore mad at me.

He didn't respond. Hmph...Maybe he hadn't of heard me. "Daniel..." I said, this time a little bit louder. Watching him carefully, he looked at me at the corner of his eye, his pupils transforming into daggers that ready and sharpened to pierce through steel. I'm taking that as my one and only chance to get something out of him.

I took a deep breath. One that felt good, one that I haven't felt in what seems like a millennium. "What happened with Austin? Do you know anything or-"

"Do you love him?" He asked me.

I frowned my eyebrows at him. Do I love him? "What kind of silly question is that? And besides, why does it matter? I asked you first." I said, in a matter-of-fact voice.

He turned so I can see him face more. "One that you should answer. And I asked you second."