Chapter 18

Maybe being pregnant had Ashlyn so emotional, but lately she was an emotional wreck. She had moved back in with her cousin Naomi. Blake hadn't called her in three weeks but he would pop up at his grandmother house that Ashlyn was sitting for. No matter what her and Blake went through she still showed up to take care of Mrs. Lauren, his grandmother. Mrs. Lauren wanted to listen to Whitney Houston. She loved Whitney Houston.

"Ashlyn what's wrong? You're not yourself today." Mrs. Lauren slowly walked over to her.

"I'm OK grandma.  I just got a lot on my mind. Your favorite song is coming up." Ashlyn forced a smile.

Whitney Houston's song, "Dance With Somebody" had just come on. Mrs. Lauren sang and slowly tried to twirl to the song. Ashlyn watched her. She checked her phone. Blake hadn't called. Their last night together on vacation lead to an argument that got so heated that she had to get her own room to get proper sleep. Everything was going so well then out the blue he changed. She even moved out because he was being so mean to her. It had to be another woman in the picture.

Ashlyn went to go use the rest room. She found herself urinating alot more.  than usual. She was indeed pregnant. Mrs. Lauren listened to a few more songs before she finally decided to watch a movie on Lifetime. Ashlyn noticed she was tired and yawning. Regina, Blake's mother had just walked in as Ashlyn was hovering over Mrs. Lauren placing a blanket over her.

"What are you doing here?! What are you doing to her?!" Regina asked thru clenched teeth.

"I sit with her through out the week. Blake didn't tell you?" Ashlyn answered.

"No he didn't. She's fine. You don't have to come back. I will have someone looking after her from this day forward. You can leave!" Regina pointed to the door.

"I'm not going no damn where unless Mrs. Lauren wants me to. Call Blake, call the police, call whoever you want!" Ashlyn hissed.

"Regina stop it! Ashlyn is the kindest person I know. She's been nothing but good to me!" Mrs. Lauren hugged Ashlyn waist.

"I won't say it again. You need to leave. Before you go I need to check your purse. My mom is so gullible and naive, anyone could come in this damn house. Blake got a lot of nerve. " Regina looked Ashlyn up and down.

"You ain't checking a damn thing. I don't steal."

Ashlyn ignored Regina's remarks as she made her way out the door. She made sure to slam the door before leaving. As Ashlyn  drove home she couldn't help but cry. She had already missed Mrs. Lauren. They were slowly forming a bond and getting to know one another. Everything was going downhill. Was this a sign?

Naomi was sitting on the couch eating ice cream with her boyfriend. Ashlyn was so happy that she had finally found someone that genuinely liked her for her. She very well deserved it. After bathing in the tub, Ashlyn went to her old room. Music was a stress reliever for her. She put on Aaliyah's "The one I gave my heart to". As Aaliyah's soft voice seeped thru the speaker Ashlyn cried. She missed Blake. He was so perfect for her.....what happened? She rubbed her belly as she sobbed. Naomi popped into her room.

"Girl are you okay? Biiitttcchhh I know you not crying. What's wrong?" Naomi turned the music down just a little bit.

"I'm okay Naomi." Ashlyn kept her head down.

"Ashlyn girl tell that lie to somebody else. Its Blake ain't it? He hurt you? What's going on?" Naomi rubbed Ashlyn back.

"We broke up and I'm pregnant. Naomi he won't talk to me. I'm carrying his child and he hasn't called to check on me or nothing. It got so bad that I had to move out before I hurt his ass." Ashlyn confessed.

"Cousin I love you, but Imma also gone be real with you. Blake got another bitch. Her name is Rena. He ain't ever leaving her alone so move on cousin. " Naomi revealed.

"And you knew all this time?" Ashlyn accused.

"Y'all seemed happy. I ain't want to seem like I'm on some hating shit so I never said nothing. I went to get my hair did and you know motherfuckers gossip. She apparently sliced his tires last week or some shit. A lot of people saying she been on some stalking shit because he cut her off but I don't know. She just better not fuck with you I know that!" Naomi hugged Ashlyn.

"I knew it. The disappearing acts, then all of a sudden you start being mean to me out the damn blue. Just started dogging me out man." Ashlyn began crying harder.

Naomi rubbed her back as she vented. She hated Blake but she also loved him. Now Here she was stuck with a child. Abortion was not an option no matter how bad things were. She grabbed her phone and Dialed Blake's number. It went straight to the voicemail.

"Blake you really ain't shit! I'm sitting here fucking pregnant with your child bitch ass nigga and you dogging me for no fucking reason. What the fuck I do to you? What the fuck I do to you Blake? Huh?! Call me because you got me fucked up!" She slammed her phone on the dresser after hanging up.

"Calm down Ash!" Naomi shook her head.

"I swear to fucking God Imma kill him. Ain't no way I let a fucking white boy play me. Man fuck love. My child the only gift that bitch ever gave me that mean something." Ashlyn sat on the bed.

"Fuck him. We can go ride on his ass right fucking now, wassup!" Naomi offered.

"God gone handle his ass better than I can. I'm done with him. Man all these men the exact fucking same!"

Naomi finally walked back into the living room. Ashlyn cried some more before she drifted off to sleep. The next time she woke up it was five in the morning. She had two missed calls from Blake.